Need help with a technical question, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a technical question, please

Hi, I'm just trying to clear something up here. I bought this amp second hand. I wish to confirm the design mains fuse size. From the pic you can see 3/1.5 is indicated. At this point I'm going right ahead and assuming 3A for 110V, and 1.5 for 220V, due to the values in my Marshall being about the same. I guess what's throwing me is 110/220 does not correlate with 50/60 hz...i.e they're written back to front.

Unfortunately the existing fuses are some Russian jobs with no discernible markings.

Thanks

I think you forgot the picture. A schematic or amp model/manufacturer would help also.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Oh sh!t I have a habit of doing that sorry. I'll get it sorted
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with your assumption that it's 3A for 110V, and 1.5 for 220V. A schematic might tell us for sure.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

You have the fuse values figured out. The 50/60Hz thing doesn't matter. Neither one has a bearing on the fuse size.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok great thanks matey!

Comment

What is implied is that the unit can be internally wired for 110 or 220Vac.

50 OR 60 Hz.

Comment

And the 50/60hz is not a switchable option. It is a design feature and common specification indicating the transformer will work at either frequency, regardless of voltage. I think because the designation was already in common usage, they wrote it exactly as it is commonly used.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What Amp is it? It looks like a Sovtek Mig50, which normally has a Mains switch for 110/220 VAC on top of the chassis. It's a good idea to check the correct mains voltage.

Comment

Working...
                  X