Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premier B-160 Club Bass. EF86 input. want to double check some values on schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier B-160 Club Bass. EF86 input. want to double check some values on schematic

Got in a Premier B-160 Club Bass. Someones already been in there to make some changes, but didn't do any work in order to bring this amp up to modern safety standards. I can't tell what has been changed and no luck tracking down an official schematic. I re-drew this from a what I could make of a hand drawn version schematic of this particular version. If anyone is familiar, take a look at this to see if there are any errors. 4.7k on the plates of a 12AX7 seem like a very low value load resistor, but I'm not familiar with the circuit.

**edit: updated and corrected schematic below**

I don't know why anyone would take the time to open it up and not clip out the polarity cap and install a proper bonded 3-wire mains plug. The customer complained about experiencing shocks on occasion.
    Last edited by SoulFetish; 09-29-2017, 02:44 AM.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Those plate resistor values aren’t even close. I’m going to make some changes and put the accurate values are retrace the schematic. I couldn’t find a reliable source for this schematic in searching for hours, So I may as well do it while I have it
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

There is 1 hand drawn floating around, i have it as a pdf file. I have this amp but it has a 6ab4 for the input. Premier schematics are all missing and the ones you do find there will be 4 different ones plus the amp you have on the bench. Here is my version i have with serial number.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PREMIERB160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	638.4 KB
ID:	847309

Comment

Thanks Mozz! Yeah, this was helpful to use as a guide.
        The hand drawn on you mentioned is the one I copied to create this one. That was the only one I could find for the EF86 version. It contains errors, so
        I edited and corrected some of the mistakes, in this version:

Comment

Working...
        X