Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDX3216 hangs at CPU production test menu

Hi,

I bought a dead unit and fixed the power supply. Now the issue is that the unit is stuck in some sort of CPU production test.
    I have put in a memory card and loop back MIDI to pass those tests. But the RS232 does not get passed with a loop on the 9 pin connector.
    I made a video, just check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQD95mq2mo

Does anyone have a clue how to exit this test? Or can anybody let me know how to flash new firmware? There seems to be a tool that I can find nowhere on the internet...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi and welcome.

Did you do a factory reset?

I did a quick search on this forum for the model and it turned up a lot of interesting stuff. Maybe read through the other replies to see if you can find what you need. I found the firmware, but it looks like you'd need to flash the EEPROMS outside of the unit. Depending on the specific device family, there are quite a few cheap Chinese programmers that work just fine with generic tools to erase/load/validate the chips. Quite a few of the people posting are still active, so may reply to a P.M.

Comment

Before we go nuts, make sure the communication cable to the display is good. Sometimes a diusplay board defaults to a diagnostic mode when communication to the host is lost. That used to be a test procedure with Ensoniq - pull the cable to the display and it went into test mode.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Of course I have checked the forum and the internet before. I found someone with a similar issue on YouTube, but he did not reply. I can say that I'm quite experienced with electronics repair from a hobby perspective. I had another, working, unit and swapped the eproms but the issue stayed in this unit; so it seems not related to the firmware.So probably this EOL production menu should either be finished without issues or be cancelled in any special way. For both I guess that need I some inside info from someone who worked at Behringer or who worked in an official repair shop....

Comment

Do you have a pinout diagram to the u? You could try a hard reset to main u. In most cases it just involves grounding (if it's a - reset) the reset pin through a 1k resistor while powering the unit up.

Comment

I have the diagram so I will definitely look into that option, thanks for the tip!

Comment

I have one that stops at cpu production test - step 6 -> with the message "no card found - insert card". Anyone could help?

Comment

Working...
              X