61 Ampeg Reverberocket. weak reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Ampeg Reverberocket. weak reverb

Nice boards here! This is my first post.
    Anyway, I just bought an old Ampeg Reverberocket, which sounds amazing, but had little or no reverb. I repleced the preamp tubes with NOS 6SL7s, and 6SN7s. I also cleaned the connections on the reverb pan, retentioned the RCA jacks, and re-flowed the solder joints at the jacks.
    Its a little better now, but weak, and has a fast delay quality to the reverb.
    Anyone know what I might try next? Resistor, Cap ect?

Check the cap that drives the tank, usually .47 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by J Martin View Post
      Check the cap that drives the tank, usually .47 or so.
      Thanks, Can you tell me how to locate that cap? also do you know which tubes are used for the reverb?

Comment

The cap should be near the large 330 ohm resistor off the 6SN7 that drives the tank.

Comment

Thanks!, Ill see if I can locate it.

Comment

I found the .47 cap. All I have in my stash is 200v .47 caps.
            I'll have to get a 600v. Will a 400volt work?

Comment

We have Reverb!
              After obtaining a schematic, I found several replaced parts with the wrong parts, and an electrolytic cap installed backwards.
              There was a 22k resistor with a .013 cap across it at V3 at pin 6. Should have been a 3.3k with an .02 cap. The backwards 33uf cap was a V4 at pin 6. Replaced it with a correct 25 uf.
              I also replaced two wrong .022 caps with the correct .02 which made the tremolo stronger.
              The reverb works properly now, but seems to have a faster delay than I like. Maybe I will order a long delay pan for it.
              This amp sounds better than any Fender I have ever owned!
              Last edited by retrobob; 10-27-2007, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X