Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about a Wurlitzer 700 electric piano amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a Wurlitzer 700 electric piano amp?

I have this amp and want to use it for a guitar amp. I don't have the eight pin control cable.Looking at the schematic pin one goes to ground, pin tow goes the power transformer, three goes to the cap and fuse from the mains plug, four goes to the output transformer and is in line with the speaker hookups, five goes to 6.3 volt, six goes to high voltage filter section, seven goes to the output of the 12ax7 and eight goes to the input of the 6v6's. Please tell me if I'm on the right track. It looks like I can place a power switch between pin two and three. Can I put a vol pot between pins seven and eight? If so what value should it be? Here is the schematic. http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2598/3...920_z.jpg?zz=1

53 views and no response.

Comment

You can see the exact schematic of the control panel on pg.25 of the service manual, available here:

https://www.ep-service.nl/upload/fil...ice_manual.pdf
      (It's a 1 meg pot)
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

gayler - MANY of the views were from web bots. Places like google monitor forums. When you google something and it points you to our forum, it is because one of their bots found your topic here. As to the people who read it and did not respond, I was one of them, because I had nothing to contribute.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          gayler - MANY of the views were from web bots. Places like google monitor forums. When you google something and it points you to our forum, it is because one of their bots found your topic here. As to the people who read it and did not respond, I was one of them, because I had nothing to contribute.
          Thanks for pointing that out to me, the web. bot thing never crossed my mind.

Comment

Thanks so much for the manual! That's exactly what I needed!

Comment

Funny thing about those web bots. Sometimes I hit google to find more info on a topic and the post I was just looking at is the first link in the list.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Yep, I guess they are up to date.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X