TDA2050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDA2050

Got a JC40 in with a blown one. Anyone have a few I could buy?

Originally posted by lowell View Post
    Got a JC40 in with a blown one. Anyone have a few I could buy?
    If you need it tomorrow try Mcdowell's Electronics on 9th Avenue. They're off the road a bit by a fire station.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Out of production and EBay ones are relabelled TDA2030 which is still being made.

Unless you get one from somebody´s cache or some small town Mom and Pop shop which has a few in dusty shelves or a Tech who bought a few too many, your best bet is an LM1875 which are still being made.
      Not 25/30 W rated like 2050 but honest 20W , I guess JC40 is actually 20+20.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Output power is defined by supply voltage(s) used in the amp and load resistance.

For this reason, TDA2050 can be replaced with LM1875 and vice versa.
        The output power will be EXACTLY the same.

Only two electric parameters should be considered when you need to replace output operational amplifier (IC):
        - The maximum allowable voltage of the IC, which is used as a replacement, should be greater than the supply voltage(s) of the amp.
        - The IC, which is used as a replacement, should have a minimum load resistance no more than the original one.
        Last edited by doctor; 10-12-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for the late reply! haha

Comment

Yikes, you're right they are obsolete.

There are people selling 2050's on Ebay that are new as well as used ones.

Got line 6 Spider 30 that needs one.
            A or 2040 or LM1875 won't put out as much power as the 2050.

Comment

I bought lots from ebay and from direct suppliers of components of audio spares, they were all fake :/

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                Yikes, you're right they are obsolete.

There are people selling 2050's on Ebay that are new as well as used ones.

Got line 6 Spider 30 that needs one.
                A or 2040 or LM1875 won't put out as much power as the 2050.
                Yes and no, depends on load.

Doctor said:
                Output power is defined by supply voltage(s) used in the amp and load resistance.

For this reason, TDA2050 can be replaced with LM1875 and vice versa.
                The output power will be EXACTLY the same.
                which should be expanded to:

Both stand basically same supply voltage ... BUT ...TDA2050 has higher peak current capability (check the datasheets) so:

* into 8 ohm load, both will put out exactly the same.

* into 4 ohm load, LM1875 will struggle, be unreliable, and internal protection will probably be triggered at high power: UGLY distortion.

So what are your speaker loads?

Ouch!! just checked, apparently user manual says nothing but Forums comment about "4 ohm speakers"

Not sure in USA ("I can get another at Craigslist") or about what customer might pay but here in Argentina where such amp is considered "valuable" I´d go the extra mile, use an LM1875 and boost its current capability with 2 TO220 power transistors, think TIP41/42 class (not a typo, not TIP141/142, not darlingtons), mounted on same heatsink if they fit.

Total parts count: 3 ; 1 transistor pair + one 2 ohm 1W resistor

If going that way, I´ll draw the safe stable circuit, NOT the one which is all over the place.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yeah I compared the datasheets and since the load is too much for a 2040, I ordered a 2050, will be here Monday.

If I find a decent source I'll buy a few as spares.

Comment

Just curious where you ordered it?
                    Reliable suppliers are all but dry.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                      Just curious where you ordered it?
                      Reliable suppliers are all but dry.

Random re-seller on ebay.
                      seems to be several people selling them.
                      if it's the real deal I'll stock up on a dozen or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X