Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Classic Clone/DIY`

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here on this forum, so please be kind... I'm still trying to get my feel for the topice/layouts/etc..

Long story short, I would like to build a couple guitar amps.

I have been an audiophile for several years, and I am very familiar with building high end pre-amps, power-amps and DACS from scratch. I am very familiar with safety, I have the tools, and I am capable at reading schematics.

That said, and the fact that my stereo needs no remain in it's current incarnation for a year or so before I start tweaking, I want to build some guitar amps.

I've built and own the Allen Amps Encore, which I like very much.

Never the less, I want to try my hand at cloning some classis Fender (maybe Vox) amps. I like the '65 Twin Reverb, the AC30. I hear the Champ is a good amo to build.... Basically, I am looking for suggestions as to what is the best (I know, very subjective) amp to clone.

Specifically, I am interested in:

Specific Amps which are clonable.
    Suggestions on which amp to clone and why.
    Retailers who sell components (cabinetry, parts, trxfmrs, etc).
    Source for schematics.
    Websites outling builds....

...And any other information that you may feel will be helpful.

Thanks in advance Guys!

Thoughts?

Bryan

The 5E3 Tweed Deluxe, Blackface Deluxe and Tweed Bassman are probably the most often cloned Fenders, Sounds like you've got enough experience to tackle most builds. A full blown Vox AC30 is not an easy build just out of sheer number of parts but definitely do-able. The Vox AC15 with EF86 input seems to be a very popular Vox clone. If you live near a big city like Chicago or other, go check out one of the music shops that tend to broker vintage amps and audition a few and pick your favorite, then clone that one.

Comment

Working...
    X