Digitech echo plus PDS 8000 delayed delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech echo plus PDS 8000 delayed delay

I've been working on one of these, treating it as I have in the past with the PDS 1002 versions. What I have done to get the effect working is to keep it powered up for long periods of time to reform the caps. This has worked in the past quite well with the 1002s, bringing them back to life.
    But not with the echo plus. The effect works perfectly but the start up of the effect takes 10-20 seconds.
    I"m wondering if the caps have to be changed and which ones if not all.
    I took a couple of swings at it in the dark and swapped out the biggest of the electrolytics and then a few that I thought might bring results, but it didn't.
    Does anyone have anything to suggest to get this going?
    thanks
    pete

Here's the schematic
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm working on a PDS-1700 and its doing the same thing. It kinda works after leaving it on for a good 10 minutes. I posted in the Schematic Request forum for a PDS-1700 schematic and alexradium responded saying he pulled each IC and cleaned out the chip sockets with deoxit and that fixed his. Considering the age of the PDS-1700 I have and oxidation has built up in and around the pedal, its worth a try.

Comment

Haven't tried the cleaning of the sockets, thanks for pointing that out.
        It helps to leave the unit powered up for a long period of time to reform the caps which I've done in the past and had luck getting these going. This one is not responding to that. Ill try the cleaning!

Comment

It's supposed to mute the delay for about 10secs to clear the memory, the first time the effect is engaged.

Comment

Working...
          X