Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which 6V6 puch pull, tube rectified circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help.
    I have corrected them, also the power tubes I realized it is in reverse.

On the mixing resistors, I added and agree it is strange this way, but I want the original gain. Maybe an inside potentiometer or a larger trimmer would be the best there.

Does the Hammond power transformer has mid connection on the 6.3V heater ?

Thanks,
    JGClick image for larger version

Name:	JL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	847530

Comment

Originally posted by Giordano View Post
      Hello, ...

Does the Hammond power transformer has mid connection on the 6.3V heater ?

Thanks,
      JG[ATTACH=CONFIG]45403[/ATTACH]
      No, you'll have to make an artificial center tap with resistors. Fender did this in later amps as well, after CBS tried to get cheap.

You can get all of the data sheets at Hammond from their web site:

Chokes:
      Hammond Mfg. - REPLACEMENT & UPGRADES - Tube Guitar Amplifier - Chokes

OT:
      http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/EDB291BX.pdf
      The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Hi JG,

Just a suggestion, but maybe take a look at fiberglass turret boards made for the Fender AB763 Deluxe Reverb. You can just wire up the circuit you have above, i.e. without tremolo, or reverb, and if your daughter ever gets teh desire for, say, reverb, it would be easy to add later. The more I read about turret boards, the more I like them: easy to install/remove/change components, you get air under the components for heat transfer, you don't have to fiddle around underneath the board, which you might need to do sometimes with eyelet boards.

Regards,
        Mike
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
          I'm with Chuck, and I'd almost argue a later version of the Deluxe might be a better option. Just because a Deluxe Reverb comes with Reverb & Tremolo doesn't mean she has to use them. There was also the Plain Old Dleluxe, that didn't come with Reverb. Or, since it's a build, you can just leave the effects out of the amp and just build either channel. If she likes clean as was indicated, well, how many threads do we read about using to get more headroom out of a 5E3?

Justin
          Yeah, and the reverb/tremolo channel has an extra gain stage that is supposed to compensate for the loss of going through the extra effects, but it more than compensates so its higher gain than the non tremolo/reverb channel.

Comment

Take a look at this. Hard to go wrong if you want the simple Fender sound. http://sluckeyamps.com/misc/AB763_Deluxe_Lite.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by mac dillard View Post
              Take a look at this. Hard to go wrong if you want the simple Fender sound. http://sluckeyamps.com/misc/AB763_Deluxe_Lite.pdf
              Thanks,
              I made corrections and additions.
              JGClick image for larger version

Name:	JM.jpg
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	847535

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
                Hi JG,

Just a suggestion, but maybe take a look at fiberglass turret boards made for the Fender AB763 Deluxe Reverb. You can just wire up the circuit you have above, i.e. without tremolo, or reverb, and if your daughter ever gets teh desire for, say, reverb, it would be easy to add later. The more I read about turret boards, the more I like them: easy to install/remove/change components, you get air under the components for heat transfer, you don't have to fiddle around underneath the board, which you might need to do sometimes with eyelet boards.

Regards,
                Mike
                I'm not sure to be honest what turret means, but for sure I will not use eyelet boards. I use this style, this is my hifi amp : Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1781.JPG
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	847536
                Thanks!
                Regards,
                JG

Comment

I would consider using caps rated for at least 500 V for C12, C13 and C14. Probably would put two 350 V in series for C12/13

Comment

A Turret Board has standoff pins mounted to the board.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret Board.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	847537
                    Just another way of doing things.

Comment

Just for something to look at being as you are in the selection stage, take a look at the Fender 5F6A....This is the baby that really started it all. Great amp. About 40 watts....http://schematicheaven.net/fenderamp...5f6a_schem.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by mac dillard View Post
                        I was going to post that pdf until I noticed it was incomplete. The circuit looks complete but the layout is missing the power supply, rectifier tube etc.

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest what turret means, but for sure I will not use eyelet boards. I use this style, this is my hifi amp : [ATTACH=CONFIG]45412[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks!
                          Regards,
                          JG
                          Beautiful build, JG, you're a real craftsman! I don't know what you call them, but it looks like a turret with a piece of ceramic insulator below that, where the components are connected? WHere do you buy the parts for the metal posts that are attached to your board and the insulators? Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
                            Beautiful build, JG, you're a real craftsman! I don't know what you call them, but it looks like a turret with a piece of ceramic insulator below that, where the components are connected? WHere do you buy the parts for the metal posts that are attached to your board and the insulators? Nice!
                            Thanks.
                            Those things are not ceramic, but some kind of heat resistant plastic. PTFE I thing. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0230.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	847541
                            It is pressed into 4.2mm holes. On that 2A3 PSE amp I had some wiring under that board. It was made long time ago and with help. In the more recent builds I cut out the plastic sheet much more, to help heat dissipation, air circulation. Like I did on the piece on the picture.
                            I have a problem now, I only have about 20 of those left, it is not enough for this amp either, I need to source them.
                            Now I know the turret board and understand it is custom made. That helps, but I thing I will cut out my own, I just need to get the pins into it.

Regards,
                            JG

Comment

Those things are not ceramic, but some kind of heat resistant plastic. PTFE
                              I only have about 20 of those left, it is not enough for this amp either, I need to source them.
                              Try searching for PTFE insulated terminals. Are they like these?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                                Try searching for PTFE insulated terminals. Are they like these?
                                Similar, but one end is an eyelet, or maybe that is a wrong word, flat with a hole, the other end is a slot. I use the slot more.

Regards,
                                JG

Comment

Working...
                                X