Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Silvertone 1333 Tremolo push switch

Hello,
    I just acquired a Silvertone 1333 amplifier. It came minus the doorstop pedal that operates the Tremolo push switch. I am confused about how the switch works.
    From the schematic apparently the switch activates the tremolo, and will not work without it. Thanks for any assistance in advance.[ATTACH]45382[ATTACH]
    Attached Files

According to the schematic, closing the switch grounds out the wiper of the strength pot.
    So it should be 'on' without the switch.
    Unless there is a jack for the footswitch that has a shorting tab. If so, just remove the jumper on the jack.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you, I was concerned the tremolo wouldn't work without the pedal (the doorstop tremolo switch) that plugs into the jack.
      I don't even understand how the tremolo works without a reverb tank.

Comment

I don't even understand how the tremolo works without a reverb tank.
        Reverb and tremolo are entirely different effects. The tremolo works without a reverb pan because it is not reverb. The amp does not have reverb.

The tremolo should work without a stomp switch.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I want to hear that amp with the channels jumped, 15 meg dual grid leak bias with 390k plate resistors! That looks like a regular Silvertone (danelectro) tremolo circuit but using the 6sj7 instead of the 6au6. It should work good. The footswitch is not needed for the tremolo to work. If it's original and the trem is not working, maybe the whole amp should be overhauled, filter caps, etc.

Comment

Hello,
            I was also wondering if putting an 8ohm speaker into the amp as opposed to the 3.5ohm that is in it would have a positive effect. It seems to have a Rolo speaker with the quarter size magnet. I have a 8ohm yoke style speaker configured like the ones that came in earlier Fender amps, it came from a Hammond organ. The basket is slightly shallower so it should not interfere with the tubes hanging down.
            Thanks for any advice in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X