Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
    Cool. if you find out anything, find a way to let us know
    I have a lead on someone who may have these boards I will keep everybody posted

Comment

**update** so I am working with a gentleman in mother Russia to help in sourcing some BE-100 boards. I have used his SLO boards and they are top quality. So maybe I will be able to help in getting these made. We've been in constant contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Toneworks View Post
        **update** so I am working with a gentleman in mother Russia to help in sourcing some BE-100 boards. I have used his SLO boards and they are top quality. So maybe I will be able to help in getting these made. We've been in constant contact.

Here are some pictures his circuit board while I was building the amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_121000275_resize_98.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	854.0 KB
ID:	854515

Comment

New update we are projecting these boards will be available in about 3 weeks. If any knows where to find schematics on the different revisions this would help us. The plan in provide boards layouts chassis and headshells if we have interest for them. Also we are making clone faceplates. The go is to make the best clone available for the be. We are working on this day and night.feesback from the forum as to what would be deserable would be nice!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Toneworks View Post
            Here are some pictures his circuit board while I was building the amp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54672[/ATTACH]
            With due respect, Italian boards seem to be VERY high quality fiberglass ones, **double thickness** compared to any board out there, by any maker, and both sides covered in black or white epoxy solder resist.
            And true PTH holes.

Typical Italian obsession with high end design.

Russian ones seem to be phenolic paper ones , canīt judge thickness until one edge is shown , no solder mask on top (canīt see bottom) and looking at some soldered pads, not too sure about full PTH holes, suspect you have to hand solder both at bottom and top pads.
            May be wrong of course.

That said, *sound* will not be affected, it may very well sound exactly as intended, it just wonīt be mechanically the same.

Unless you showed a prototype and full production is made on epoxy-fiberglass boards.

Artwork will be the same on both, of course.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

A lot of people in Italy take the month of August off. You might not get a reply from them for a couple of weeks.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                With due respect, Italian boards seem to be VERY high quality fiberglass ones, **double thickness** compared to any board out there, by any maker, and both sides covered in black or white epoxy solder resist.
                And true PTH holes.

Typical Italian obsession with high end design.

Russian ones seem to be phenolic paper ones , canīt judge thickness until one edge is shown , no solder mask on top (canīt see bottom) and looking at some soldered pads, not too sure about full PTH holes, suspect you have to hand solder both at bottom and top pads.
                May be wrong of course.

That said, *sound* will not be affected, it may very well sound exactly as intended, it just wonīt be mechanically the same.

Unless you showed a prototype and full production is made on epoxy-fiberglass boards.

Artwork will be the same on both, of course.
                Juan

I'm this case the holes were true through holes. I did do some solder work on the back just fro a clean appearance. He is just one person who does this as a hobby (like us) if you look at original Soldano boards they are very similar with yellow clear solder mask. I do appreciate the feedback though and I will pass this down to him. He actually has the boards made I'm Germany too. I'll post a picture of the second generation SLO board we are working on

Thank you for the feedback. This is exactly what we are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                  A lot of people in Italy take the month of August off. You might not get a reply from them for a couple of weeks.
                  Why is that? Do you know?

nosaj
                  soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Juan

I'm this case the holes were true through holes. I did do some solder work on the back just fro a clean appearance. He is just one person who does this as a hobby (like us) if you look at original Soldano boards they are very similar with yellow clear solder mask. I do appreciate the feedback though and I will pass this down to him. He actually has the boards made I'm Germany too. I'll post a picture of the second generation SLO board we are working on

Thank you for the feedback. This is exactly what we are looking for.
                    I just asked him and these boards were made from FR4 fiberglass. We can make them as thick as we'd like and in any color solder mask

Comment

It is an Italian tradition called "Ferragosto". Many companies close down in August for at least a couple of weeks as well.

I think origins are partly religious and partly practical: It gets very hot in most parts of Italy in August and when your business partners are not available you might as well take some vacation - causing a chain reaction. Not good for Italian economy.
                      Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-18-2019, 02:06 PM.
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Ahh, "Ferragosto".

I worked here in the states for an Italian company based in Milan, Italy.

Good luck getting anything done in August.
                        All they had was a skeleton crew.
                        Everyone else took off for Lake Como.

Comment

We need that here in the USA we work much to hard

Comment

We need that here in the USA we work much to hard
                            I think this depends if you and your country can afford it. Italy can partly compensate with increased touristic business in August. Nevertheless its economy is down.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                              Why is that? Do you know?

nosaj
                              Quote Originally Posted by loudthud View Post
                              Because itīs Europe, not USA, Japan or China.

1 Month fully paid vacation is Workerīs and everybody elseīs right.

From https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-days/2400193/
                              The United States is the only developed country in the world without a single legally required paid vacation day or holiday.

By law, every country in the European Union has at least four work weeks of paid vacation.

Austria, which guarantees workers the most time off, has a legal minimum of 22 paid vacation days and 13 paid holidays each year.
                              Of course, people simply canīt be worked down to exhaustion, and I mean mental exhaustion, not necessarily physical, so in generel by mutual agreement:
                              The average private sector U.S. worker receives 16 paid vacation days and holidays.
                              That said:
                              One in four Americans does not have a single paid day off.

But ... isnīt vacation/holiday time wasted time, wouldnīt things go better if everybody worked 24/7/365 ?

Not exactly, "human machine" needs recovery and maintenance.
                              Overworking is inefficient and ends up being wasteful.
                              You work more hours but donīt increase output and to boot end up with tired depressed unmotivated workers.

There is an optimum point to maximize output, apparently around 90% work but not 100% where ouput suffers.

And you need free time to enjoy whatīs being produced, unless you prefer to fill your home with unopened boxes, unused clothes, etc.

Because time-off is time not spent productively working, it would seem to be an expense that countries with struggling economies cannot afford.
                              But experts consulted by 24/7 Wall St. expressed doubt that the overall effect of extra time off on the economy is negative. Schmitt told 24/7 Wall St. "paid vacation and holidays don't appear to have any meaningful impact on macroeconomic outcomes."
                              Comparing US to Europe:

Because the United States is the second-most productive developed country as measured by GDP per capita and has no mandatory vacation time, some might argue that vacation reduces productivity. However, in another measure of labor productivity — GDP per hour worked — the U.S. was only marginally better than Germany and France, both developed countries that guarantee among the most vacation time. Of course, it is worth noting that the average U.S. employee also clocks 20% more hours per worker than those in Germany or France.

24/7 Wall St. is a USA TODAY content partner offering financial news and commentary. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.
                              FWIW here in Argentina we fully use the European System, complete with free Public Medicine, free Public Education, State guaranteed pensions and 13th Month extra Salary. (so 13 Salaries a Year).

I am constantly amazed at friends who moved to USA talking about no paid vacations or holidays, no free Public Health, no universal Pension system but worst of all, no time to enjoy increased earnings (measured in plain USD) because of typically 2 and often 3 (three) Jobs.
                              Last edited by J M Fahey; 08-18-2019, 07:11 PM.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Are there actually board manufacturers that make double sided PCBs without through plating on the holes? Single sided, yes. Maybe DIY stuff that's etched and drilled at home... But I can't imagine a professional PCB fab house making boards with copper on both sides but not plating the holes.

Putting nationalism aside for a moment, it's possible to get very high quality PCBs in reasonable quantities for very good prices from China. Depending on quantity, there can be up to 8x difference in price compared to fab houses in the USA. Quality can be variable, so you need to specify tolerances where they matter. One thing I've learned when dealing with vendors in China (not just PCBs) is that they're willing to apply any level of QC you ask for (within reason.) If you don't specify you'll get lowest cost, but possibly lower quality than you want. OTOH, if you ask for it explicitly, they can make a high quality product. You'll pay more, obviously, but still often much less than vendors in other countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X