Brown Eye 100W PCB boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Eye 100W PCB boards

Guys, if someone is interested, me and some guys from slocone.com made some boards for a replica of the Brown Eye. The board is inspired by the one used for the 100W models with some added improvements.
    These are the specs:

- 2 oz/ft copper, 2 layers
    - 3 mm thickness
    - black board, white silkscreen
    - IPC-A-600G class II quality
    - Dimensions are 24.7 x 3 inches
    - bigger traces wrt to the original in order to get me close to 20 AWG corresponding cross sectional area
    - component holes that fit turrets, so that it's possible to use a PCB-turret board hybrid style
    - two big ground pads on top and bottom layers like in the Friedman board
    - additional grounds and 12V connection points

We have also designed and manufactured a custom chassis that fits this board and is compatible with all the controls and holes of the original models. Shoot me a pm if you're interested

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A CARBON COPY OF THE ORIGINAL BOARD. I DID NOT MANUFACTURE THE ORIGINAL AND I AM NOT TRYING TO CONFUSE THE CONSUMER OR COMPETE WITH FRIEDMAN'S BUSINESS. NO LOGO OR TRADEMARK ARE BEING USED ON THE BOARD.
    ALL PRODUCT AND COMPANY NAMES ARE TRADEMARKS™ OR REGISTEREDŽ TRADEMARKS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE HOLDERS. THE MENTION OF THEM IN THIS POST IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY, AND IT DOES NOT IMPLY ANY AFFILIATION WITH OR ENDORSEMENT BY THEM.

Chassis:

Comment

Chassis+board:

Comment

Looks good
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

looks great

Originally posted by aa.electronics View Post
          Chassis+board:
          I am interested in your pcb board and chassis. How do I find web site? thanks
          Last edited by Boss; 11-23-2018, 07:18 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

Comment

Originally posted by kevin c View Post
            I am interested in your pcb board and chassis. How do I find web site? thanks
            sloclone website is gone and the user hasn't posted in a year. Don't know what happened.

nosaj
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
              sloclone website is gone...
              What about this: http://www.slocloneforums.com/index.php ?
              -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
                Geez man what a registration question. What is the name of Joey's Favorite cat?

nosaj

No pcb board their either, I'd imagine it was probably hit with legal wrangling.

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                  Geez man what a registration question. What is the name of Joey's Favorite cat?
                  Not sure if this is true, but last post here: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewt...p?f=3&t=197357
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Not sure if this is true, but last post here: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewt...p?f=3&t=197357
                    It is , it gets you in,, no who the hell is gonna know that?

nosaj

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm new around here. I'd like to introduce myself and hopefully bring some good information to the forum. I am interested in this pcb ānd chassis of they are still around. I just don't think I have enough post to pm yet. To AAA electronics if they are still around please let me know.

Comment

Just checked it for you, sadly aa electronics last visit was in January 2018 so not sure he´ll read any PM anybody sends him.
                        Also found 2 requests from Forum members about chassis and PCBs, both look unanswered since early 2018

That said, chassis is silkscreened AA Electronics Italy so maybe you can straight google that.

Admittedly the stuff shown looks nice. and well made.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Beautiful stuff, anyone on the board live in Italy?
                          The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                            Just checked it for you, sadly aa electronics last visit was in January 2018 so not sure he´ll read any PM anybody sends him.
                            Also found 2 requests from Forum members about chassis and PCBs, both look unanswered since early 2018

That said, chassis is silkscreened AA Electronics Italy so maybe you can straight google that.

Admittedly the stuff shown looks nice. and well made.
                            It sure did look nice! I've built am SLO and a jcm800. I would have loved to build a BE 100. Well I'll continue hunting for a be 100 board.

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Cool. if you find out anything, find a way to let us know
                              The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X