scan of a Fender Deluxe Reverb AB763 eyelet board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scan of a Fender Deluxe Reverb AB763 eyelet board

Does anyone know where I can get a scan of a Fender AB763 Deluxe Reverb Eyelet board, e.g. put the board onto a flat bed scanner at save a jpeg file?
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Blackface AB763 circuits with Reverb Fiberboard
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The Mojo boards are a quality solution. But if you're intent on doing it DIY:

As far as AB763 type boards go, Doug Hoffman has posted complete details on how to build his boards. That information may or may not still be online, as he was trying to sell or license franchise type operations at one time. His boards are not original Fender reproductions, they're an ostensibly improved design. He has published accurate to-scale layout drawings for his versions of those circuits.

Other than using the Hoffman boards, you could do pretty well by taking the old Fender layout diagrams and adjusting them to size on a computer. I think you could derive an accurate template that way.

Me? I just use terminal strips for most things. It's a rare case when I'll spend the time to custom fabricate a turret board. It's just too labor intensive for one-off designs that don't go to production, and I'll only commit the time to that if I'm building something "special".
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Thanks everyone! Wanted the scan so I can print it and cut the little piece out with most of the Reverb components. I have a non reverb amp that I don't want tremolo on, so I left the tremolo ckt out. Plenty of room in that spot on the board to mount the handful of reverb components. Also, the chassis and case has extra unused 9 pin tube socket holes, and a mounting spot for the reverb transformer. I had tried to cut and paste a piece of the image from the Fender layout for the amp and doctor it up in an image editor, didn't fare very well. As I am reading this, I saw a blurb on Youtube, I think Tube Doctor or one of those places has templates online, will try to find them on their web site.
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Beware that Mojotone board. It wrecked my first DR build, it was conductive right out of the gate. I had to tear it all out and start over on garolite.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
            Beware that Mojotone board. It wrecked my first DR build, it was conductive right out of the gate. I had to tear it all out and start over on garolite.
            Thanks Randall!!!

Comment

I'm still waiting on a few parts deliveries, so I can't say I've tested the conductivity yet; but here's were I got my eyelet boards for a 1960 Showman build. If you're looking for an alternative to Mojotone for eyelet boards, you could give them a try:

https://tubeamplifierparts.com/turre...it-boards.html

They also have a much wider range than Mojotone (my Showman board, for example) and will build with your choice of material, eyelets or turrets, standoffs or insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tqi View Post
                I'm still waiting on a few parts deliveries, so I can't say I've tested the conductivity yet; but here's were I got my eyelet boards for a 1960 Showman build. If you're looking for an alternative to Mojotone for eyelet boards, you could give them a try:

https://tubeamplifierparts.com/turre...it-boards.html

They also have a much wider range than Mojotone (my Showman board, for example) and will build with your choice of material, eyelets or turrets, standoffs or insulation.
                Thanks Tqi!!

Comment

Hi Tqi, how cool is that. In the mean time, since I made the original post, I bought a turret board from Watts, its perfect. Very good workmanship, components all fit. Good stuff.

Comment

That's awesome! My passives are coming in tomorrow, in all likelihood - so I'll be assembling and testing those over the weekend (It'll still be a while before the whole thing is fully complete though). At first glance though, the build of the boards seemed good. Glad you've had another positive experience with them!

Comment

Working...
                    X