Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud hum when turning the standby off on my 1990 Fender the twin "red knob" for 20sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned amp again today and did noticed that the volume 1 pot of the clean channel produces a scratchy noise when dialing across 0 to 10. It fades out once the amp is fully warmed. Could there be some leak somewhere that is the cause of the background hum and radio frequency signal very low in the background? Or its just the ac outlet causing this hum?

Comment

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post
      Turned amp again today and did noticed that the volume 1 pot of the clean channel produces a scratchy noise when dialing across 0 to 10. It fades out once the amp is fully warmed. Could there be some leak somewhere that is the cause of the background hum and radio frequency signal very low in the background? Or its just the ac outlet causing this hum?
      Use your meter and check for DC on the volume pot, clip leads on there so you can monitor from cold to warm.
      It could be a lot of things but the thing I noticed before is people are trying to get you start with basic troubleshooting and with your replies suggesting a next step.
      nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Should i measure dc with the amp on play mode?

Comment

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post
          Should i measure dc with the amp on play mode?
          Clip leads on first turn amp on let it warm up see what measures on vol pot then flip standby switch and see what measurement you have.

nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X