Steel used for laminated keepers in Darkstar/Bi-sonic pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel used for laminated keepers in Darkstar/Bi-sonic pickups

Does anyone know what kind of steel is used for the laminated steel keeper bars in Bi-sonic-style pickups?

If not, not worries... any suggestions for what to use that would be similar (low-carbon steel sheet maybe), and maybe some suppliers? I'd like to try my hand at making some similar style pickups, and this a key part of that design. Thanks in advance!

I’ve made Bisonic-style pickups with laminated cores made out of transformer core plates. I have three big transformer cores made of 0,5mm plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko Ursin View Post
      I’ve made Bisonic-style pickups with laminated cores made out of transformer core plates. I have three big transformer cores made of 0,5mm plates.
      Awesome. Did you already have those cores laying around, or did you buy those specifically to make the pickups?

Comment

If I remember right I took them from old overhead projectors or something similar that were going for recycling. We had ten or so of those projectors. Three tf cores will be enough for my use for many, many years.

Comment

Working...
        X