Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of concert lead (don't really care how I acquire it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search of concert lead (don't really care how I acquire it)

I'm looking to buy a concert lead in a month or two (I don't really have any money for a new amp now, but I should get it by then). Couldn't find one on any of the normal sites (reverb, ebay, etc) and it looks like they rarely pop up on them. Anybody selling one? If not, since the concert bass (which I can find) and concert lead are pretty close, would anyone recommend modding a concert bass to a concert lead? Or should I just wait until I see that one does appear.

Are you looking for the earlier two channel amp with reverb or the later "Red Knob" single channel with reverb version?
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

https://reverb.com/p/sunn-concert-le...E&hfid=6040984
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yes. I've heard good things about it.

Comment

Like I said. Hard to find them on Reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by No_Username View Post
            I'm looking to buy a concert lead in a month or two (I don't really have any money for a new amp now, but I should get it by then). Couldn't find one on any of the normal sites (reverb, ebay, etc) and it looks like they rarely pop up on them. Anybody selling one? If not, since the concert bass (which I can find) and concert lead are pretty close, would anyone recommend modding a concert bass to a concert lead? Or should I just wait until I see that one does appear.
            Please post both schematics for comparison.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by No_Username View Post
              Like I said. Hard to find them on Reverb.
              When the Dude posted the reverb link TWO DAYS AGO, there was one listed for a not unreasonable price.
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Why would you want a low powered, 1975 amp with a transformer coupled output section.

And WTH is a Concert Bass??

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  And WTH is a Concert Bass??
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunn-Concer...EAAOSwmkpZ-3FJ

Edit: If you get this one you'll need to rename it or the SJW's will say your a slave owner.
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunn-Concer...cAAOSwkU5Z5Su4
                  Last edited by DrGonz78; 11-18-2017, 07:37 PM.
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                    Please post both schematics for comparison.
                    sunn_concertbass.pdf

Sunn ConcertLead_Old.zip

As far as I can see, they are the same amp sans the "distortion" circuit on the Lead.
                    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 11-18-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                      When the Dude posted the reverb link TWO DAYS AGO, there was one listed for a not unreasonable price.
                      well crap.

Comment

After seeing all this, I think I'll just build a clone. I don't really have the time to check on things every day. Thanks everybody.

Comment

checking ebay is faster than building a clone.

Lots of people already clone these amps. that would be faster too. I can put you in touch with two people I know if you'd like, that build these as clones

Comment

Mmmmhhh, interesting.
                            Not easy to build "just one" because power amp uses a weird 4-separate-secondaries driver transformer.
                            Besides:
                            * "modern" power amp uses low +/-34V rails (what 2N3055 stands "by the book") so needs a 2 ohm load to comfortably develop 100W RMS
                            * "old" power amp is still limited by 2N3055 ratings (only game in town way back then) but to beat that they used a ****weird**** power amp, fed by floating (not ground referenced) *single* +45V supply, bridged, (which needs that 4 secondary transformer) , and grounding one side of said bridged amp outputs.
                            All to get 100W into 8 ohms.
                            It was "weirdo night" at the local bar
                            Last edited by J M Fahey; 11-19-2017, 10:28 AM.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Or you can buy mine if you make me an offer I can't refuse. It's not the greatest amp ever but I love it and have owned it for prob 15 years so it's kind of sentimental. Done some tours and recordings and what not. So I would have to be pretty convinced to part with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X