Nux CH1 Vintage Chorus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nux CH1 Vintage Chorus?

Anyone tried the Nux CH-3 Vintage Chorus? Got one a month a ago, not as good as my old Arion SH-1 but very happy with it. Wish it had stereo output though!
    - Dave
    Last edited by drumminstuff; 11-16-2017, 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    Dave's Guitar Gear - Scary Pedals

Ok, besides peddling your Guitar Pedals, is there any Tech problem we can help you with?
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Not peddling. Asking a question on opinions of the pedal. So what is bugging your morning? I'll try to fix it just for you.
      -dave

Comment

Hi drumminstuff and welcome to the forum.

You have to realize that most of us here are technicians chained to the workbench and some suffering from cabin fever !
        Had you shown internal photos of your chorus and requested help in fitting a second output to the pedal
        the response may have been different!
        Unfortunately your post resembled a disguised advertorial which appear here from time to time.

I can't express a first hand experience of your Nux CH-3 Vintage Chorus but recently a friend in Queensland
        drew my attention to a Nux OD-3 Overdrive informing me that a respected guitar player friend of his had bought one
        and said it was very good value for money (aprox AU$26 here) and it was in essence nine tenths of a tube screamer.
        I didn't ask what the missing one tenth was but I made a note to buy one at some stage as it would cost more to build my own clone
        heck... cost me more than that just to get a decent look on a diecast metal box !

However my curiosity led me to have a closer look

Found this post from 2014
        Nux MF6 Digital Multi FX ? killall -9 humans
        "How does it sound?
        Surprisingly good. There’s no negative thin digital feel to any of the modes. Most of the modulation types easily beat some of their analog counterparts. That’s what you won’t hear often from me. Most of the settings are usable. Overall sound is good. Or maybe even great. I do love it when a design offers more than i expected. Well worth a try if you spot used one for cheap."

And also here a comment on the brand :-
        "According to interwebs, Nux is originally nothing more but a sub-brand of Cherub. Folks at Cherub may have wanted to build another brand that seems more prestigious. And they have, more or less, succeeded in that venture."

(Also a review and internal pictures on a Nux Nux OD-3 Overdrive here as well Nux OD-3 Overdrive ? killall -9 humans )

So I checked out the "mother company"...
        News | Cherub Technology Co.,Ltd

And found this..
        "NAMM U’s “Best in Show” was back again for the 2017 Summer NAMM show, highlighting the convention’s best companies and products in several categories. Cherub Technology was delighted to receive the prestigious “Company to Watch” award from NAMM U’s panel of judges."

On Nux 's site they show they will have a booth at NAMM in 2018..

NUX

So I guess you have a good deal there .. plenty other forums with subjective comments re pedals but I'm sure you know this
        which is why you posted here to ask our highly skilled and intelligent members for a more objective comment !

I did like your post "Ghost Of A Chance - Full Collaboration Cover" http://music-electronics-forum.com/t45429/
        and was wondering if you could elaborate on how that was put together .. I presume lots of exchanges of Daw data
        and video data via email as it appears you were in different locations .
        Long ago when Skype appeared on the scene I attempted to jam with a friend plugging guitar into the line input
        of a computer (via pre-amp) in real time. Back then when the internet was slow there was just too much delay
        but it was fun trying.
        Thought it ironical the singer has "Argentina" on his tee-shirt but then I have a sick sense of humor at times !

Juan is a very experienced , valuable and "hands on" member of this forum as you can probably tell from his posts.

I would hate to think what would happen if Kees & Olaf posted here..............

https://translate.google.com.au/tran...-text=&act=url
        Kees & Olaf: An electrolytic capacitor rebuilt
        As promised, here is the method of how an electrolytic capacitor can be separated from its aluminum housing and then built into a wooden housing. First we make a wooden cap (ebony sounds the most beautiful of the wood species tried so far). Make sure that the hole is not too small or too large! The wooden caps must be well varnished (eg with C37), as they must be airtight. On the right you see an Elna Cerafine with - and without foil around it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Didn't realize my sig would be frowned upon, therefore I will no longer include it i posts. But anyway, yeah I would love to add a second output! Always great to have the option.

As to the video. Yes, the guy from Argentina saw a rush drum cover I did on YouTube, invited me to do quite a few songs with him and others. I did the drum tracks, sent them to the other players, so basically it was done by layering the tracks. I then mixed and mastered and the files went to someone else to construct the video. We did many songs, mainly rush, sting, and the police. Lot's of fun! Thanks for all the info.
          - dave

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
            ......I would hate to think what would happen if Kees & Olaf posted here..............

Kees & Olaf: An electrolytic capacitor rebuilt
            As promised, here is the method of how an electrolytic capacitor can be separated from its aluminum housing and then built into a wooden housing. First we make a wooden cap (ebony sounds the most beautiful of the wood species tried so far). Make sure that the hole is not too small or too large! The wooden caps must be well varnished (eg with C37), as they must be airtight. On the right you see an Elna Cerafine with - and without foil around it.

Oh dear God! How did you come across that?

Edit: I like this part: "This is a somewhat laborious yet inexpensive way to realize a significant improvement in sound reproduction."
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              Oh dear God! How did you come across that?

Edit: I like this part: "This is a somewhat laborious yet inexpensive way to realize a significant improvement in sound reproduction."
              Sounds like you're starting to get into the idea please let us know how it goes

Comment

I'm rushing out to get some ebony dowels now. I'm going to varnish with genuine snake oil. Mine will sound amazing!
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Did you say Arion SCH-1? I hacked up two new pots and the old one for the long shaft just to get mine going again. And it was worth the frustration and PITA of a few botched connections and resultant troubleshooting. I rue the day an actual part dies. Oh, wait... there's a new one?

I think in the case of my chorus, 90% just won't cut it for me... guess I'll start a clone factory. Those, and the GK-250, one of two SS amps I'd consider (the other being a Fahey).

Justin
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by drumminstuff View Post
                    Not peddling. Asking a question on opinions of the pedal. So what is bugging your morning? I'll try to fix it just for you.
                    -dave
                    Oh, sorry if half of my answer sounds harsh.
                    We are *often* getting Spam posts which typically :

* are from a new , just admitted Member with no past posting history
                    * include some general purpose text so as not to be "empty" but all include some link, not directly (or not at all) relevant to the question.
                    **** they have a "payload"****

Which is a direct, clickable link straight to some product being sold or promoted (such as cheap sports jerseys , guitar playing lessons, etc.) , sometimes selling nothing but promoting some external site, etc.

Sorry but your first post fit that description like a glove

In any case, in the second half of my answer you were offered Technical help about any problem you might have, which includes modding the pedal if needed (not just "repair" stuff)
                    To save you reading lots of past Forum History , just check our last contributions towards helping, go figure, also a newcomer asking about a somewhat obscure pedal
                    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t45422/

but here he asked a definite question which has a definite answer (unlike "opinions" which may drag on for countless pages and lead nowhere) , plus .... he didnīt link to an "opinions"| page

So, now we know you are not a spam but a Human: welcome to the Forum

FWIW and just as a side note, in many Forums NO links of any type are allowed on the first 5 or 10 posts, period.

Again, welcome to the Forum and if you need something done to it, as in adding a second output (if itīs technically possible that is) , feel free to ask for advice.
                    If so, start by posting the schematic here, no serious answers are possible otherwise.
                    Also some gut pictures.

And PRAY itīs an old style full Analog Chorus type; if itīs digital, software operated and "all parts inside a 100 pin square cockroach" then it goes from very hard to impossible.
                    At least for us, mere mortals.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well, look what the cat brought !!!!!

Out of curiosity I searched for https://www.google.com/search?q=Nux+CH1+Vintage+Chorus and what was the FIRST page referred to?:
                      A Reverb.com ad about somebody selling them .

Yes, them, not an individual selling his used one but a full blown shop, selling many NUX products.

Maybe not surprisingly, owned by a certain https://reverb.com/shop/daves-guitar-gear777 WTF?

For the NUX Chorus sales page: https://reverb.com/item/6594835-nux-...e-chorus-pedal

Asking a question on opinions of the pedal.
                      Not too sure about that, since you already seem to have lots of opinions about it, such as:
                      32% price drop Description Shop Policies

NuX Effect Pedal CH-3 Vintage Chorus True bypass.

Price reduction for limited time only!

Brand New!

CH3 is a chorus that fits like a glove with your rig, ranging from fairly mild choruses to all kind of sounds with ambient taste.
                      This chorus pedal has become my favorite. Similar to the now rare Arion SCH-1 Stereo Chorus pedal that was in production in the '80s. The effect is delivered via depth, blend and speed control covering a sensible frequency range.

Features:

High quality effect with flexible function.
                      Adopted low noise BBD in delay circuit, natural and clear sound.
                      True bypass design, minimizes tone loss and gets more control from your pedal.
                      Aluminum alloy housing, good durability.
                      LED indicator shows status of effect and battery condition.
                      The pedal can be powered by a battery or AC adapter.
                      3 adjustable knobs:
                      Depth knob: control the amount of sweep deviation
                      Blend knob: control the amount of chorus effect signal
                      Speed knob: varies sweep rate.

Note:
                      The power adapter and 9V battery is not included.

Package List:
                      1 * Effect Pedal
                      1 * Manual
                      1 * Box
                      Worst is that you write:
                      Got one a month a ago, not as good as my old Arion SH-1 but very happy with it.
                      to try and sound like a regular guitar player, end user, while you are actually a salesman.

No, you are not interested at all in adding a second output, that was just some spicing added to your sales pitch.

Welcome to Dave's Guitar Gear! We take pride in our customer service, fast shipping always! Competitive prices!
                      Dave Williams - Owner: Mixing, mastering and engineering for over 24 years now. Guitar modification for 20 years.
                      Just to set things straight: if you ever have any real problems or Tech questions, you are welcome and be certain weīll do our best to help

As a side note; looks like my first impression was not that far from Truth, after all

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then ...... "
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then ...... "
                        Then, after we kill it, dehead it, gut it, deep-fry it, and put it on a bed of rice, it makes a mighty fine tasty dinner for two?

And, here's a tip: just buy the Arion SCH-1.

Justin
                        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Oh S#%t.

Guess I better take my Auzzie google and crawl back into my room!

Apologies Juan , well I did say you were" very experienced , valuable and "hands on" member of this forum!

At least I can get a Nun's Chorus for AU$29.43 reduced from AU$48.17 with 99cents free gift shipping
                          https://www.zapals.com/nux-ch-3-vint...SABEgKJYfD_BwE

And The Dude .."I'm rushing out to get some ebony dowels now. I'm going to varnish with genuine snake oil. Mine will sound amazing! "

Here's 5 pages with pictures and if that's too difficult you can supply your own caps and this guy can do them for you...

Cees Piet offers to carry out this modification, as described above, for 50Euro per pair of capacitors

"The application of this has been somewhat refined and improved by Cees Piet."
                          Last edited by oc disorder; 11-17-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X