Help with Big Muff pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Big Muff pi

I was given a (from what I can tell) 3rd generation 1983 EH Big Muff Pi fuzz pedal. Can't make heads or tails of what has been done to it. But clearly something has been done. Check out the pics. There is a cut wire or disconnected wire from the input to the board, and a wire from the lower right tab of the switch that is disconnected.

Any input on how to make this thing live again?

Thanks much.

J

ALL PHOTOS are HERE:
    www.jeffzika.com/photos/bigmuff/

Didn't want to make a huge post and put all the pics on the forum.
    www.myMANICEPISODE.com

The wire from the input jack needs to be resoldered to the board. I checked my version, but it doesn't match your board. Find a schematic on line and trace out your board to find the input.

If you look carefully at the large pad about an inch in from the left upper corner of the board, you may see where the wire has broken off from. These boards always seemed to have a larger pad area that the hook-up wires soldered to. EH used that solid hook-up wire that was always breaking off. If you heat up the pad that you think the wire was broken off of, you will find the remaining broken off end of the wire in the blob of solder.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Ain't it the truth!
      I was just refurbing my Small Stone phasor and the wires kept breaking, ended up redoing all their solder blob connections

Comment

Working...
      X