Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a video

"Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Yes, curl your fingers inward. But that only works if you have the motor skills to prevent yourself from lifting the blade above your knuckles. That also assumes you are cutting straight down. When the knife slips off to the side, it assumes an angle, which can cut into the tops of your fingers or into your nails, even when they are curled.

I lack those motor abilities, and so I carefully place each knife stroke. Never in a hundred years would I ever achieve the knife skills of Chef Morimoto.

it is like shooting gold. Someone told me to take a little off my swing. Well, I have to have a swing before I can adjust it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Yes, curl your fingers inward. But that only works if you have the motor skills to prevent yourself from lifting the blade above your knuckles. That also assumes you are cutting straight down. When the knife slips off to the side, it assumes an angle, which can cut into the tops of your fingers or into your nails, even when they are curled.

I lack those motor abilities, and so I carefully place each knife stroke.
        Have you tried "rocking" the knife with the tip on the cutting board, as shown in the vid? If your knuckles are touching the side of the blade, they can act as a guide to keep you from lifting the blade too high and cutting yourself.

-rb
        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Come on guys, time to move into the 20th century already.

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Veg-O-Matic. I guess it's time to Get With the 70s. lol.
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              ...have experienced jigsaw blade canter
              Am I the only one who thinks that "Jigsaw Blade Canter" would be a great name for a band? IMO it has the kind of unforgetableness (unforgetability?) that "Death Cab For Cutie" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6uRT7PxTQ ) has.

I will freely admit that the words "canter" and "jigsaw" have never even entered my mind at the same time.

-Gnobuddy

Comment

Originally posted by Gnobuddy View Post
                Am I the only one who thinks that "Jigsaw Blade Canter" would be a great name for a band? IMO it has the kind of unforgetableness (unforgetability?) that "Death Cab For Cutie" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6uRT7PxTQ ) has.

I will freely admit that the words "canter" and "jigsaw" have never even entered my mind at the same time.

-Gnobuddy
                I was at the grocery store two days ago and they had these stupid huge kiwi (kiwis?). Someone at checkout mentioned their size and I interjected "Yeah, Chernobyl kiwi" which was met with some laughter. Knowing I had the floor I followed with "I was just taking the opportunity to say Chernobyl kiwi. How often does THAT come up?"
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
                  Veg-O-Matic. I guess it's time to Get With the 70s. lol.
                  When the Veg-O-Matic arrives, can the Super Bass-O-Matic '76 be far behind? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RLHPaZUuyc

-Gnobuddy

Comment

I was waiting for someone to call up the Bass-O-Matic. I resisted the urge. MMMmmm. That's good bass.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                    X