About the Dual Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Dual Terror

Hello! I can't find much about the Dual Terror schematic but does anyone know what approach they use to make it a Dual Terror? Is is 2 complete Tiny Terror cuicuits that are switchable. Seeing that they use double pots to control the gain and volume, that makes channel switching more complicated. Or is the circuit different in that it doesn't use dual pots? I am aware that it is a 30 watt amp but I was wondering more about how they do it in theory.
    Thank you in advance for your comments!

There's a link with a traced schematic in this thread:

https://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53647

Comment

Thanks Ted! This is a huge help and answers all my questions.

Comment

Well, it looks like itīs *actually* TWO Tiny Terrors under one hood, with power tubes always hooked together.
        Impressive.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Cool to have a separate phase inverter for each channel, but I don't understand why? The differences between the two PIs is minimal and it would have been easy to save a tube by simply switching MV pots (DPDT) and Cut controls (SPDT) with relays. This design would have made more sense if they'd use two different types of PIs, e.g. one long-tail and one concertina.

The other guitarist in my band has a Dual Terror and I've always wondered what the circuit was like. It's a great and versatile amp.

Comment

Working...
          X