No announcement yet.

Carlsbro Viper 100 W bass combo - need Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that i have it open and searched the schematic my-self is there any information that I need to collect and post here for future usage ?

Comment

1) glad you solved it
      2) IF you got the schematic, please post it here, it may help othars, Carlsbro amps were very popular so there must me more than a few around.
      3) if not, a couple sharp and well illuminated gut pictures showing wiring may still help, sometimes a Musician disassembles his or gets a butchered one and has no idea on how to reconnect, say, transformer wires.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hello friends.
        I have the same language Carlsbro Viper 100 Bass Amp
        Unfortunately he got to me faulty
        Could you suggest the values ​​of the transistors that are installed on the board.
        They are all not native, and are not correctly established, there is a PNP instead of a NPN.
        tk12 and tr13 are of particular interest.
        Thank you.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180129_02_48_00_Pro_F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	848481

Comment

These amps sometimes used the npn pairs in the output stage if you look at stingray amps there the same.

Have you tried cold checking all the parts in the power amp stage.
          Experience comes with more understanding

Comment

I restored the output cascade, it works in mode.
            The problem is in the preamplifier and the compressor.
            I need to know the original transistors of the compressor.
            in the photo are marked in red.
            tk12 and tr13 are of particular interest.

Comment

Well, hlynge from copenhagen denmark DID have the hard to find schematic but once he got *his own* working forgot all about us, or helping somebody else (such as you) in return.
              Typical leech behaviour which will not be forgotten.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I'm not a professional radioautarist master.
                This is my hobby.
                I accidentally stumbled upon your Forum, he was very interested in me.
                I hope for a long time.
                For this device I have a lot of photos (100mb), I'm ready to share.

Comment

1) welcome to the Forum

2) Not sure somebody here has a schematic that includes the compressor and unfortunately those are not "generic" circuits so are not easy to guess.
                  I see an LM3080 IC in your picture which definitely is the compressor gain controlling stage but we are missing the detector/rectifier circuit which triggers it as needed.

3) what do the transistors currently present there say?
                  Maybe most are original and we have to guess 1 or 2.

4) if amplifier is working fine and all we miss is the compressor, we may add an external one.
                  The Ampeg/Crate optical compressor/limiter is "universal" and can be added to any amplifier.
                  5 resistors - 4 diodes - 1 LED - 1 CDS LDR
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I drew a circuit on the circuit board and figured out the operation of this unit.
                    You are absolutely right, the LM3080 stage is the compressor gain control stage.
                    The detector / rectifier circuit is realized on the TR13 (blue in the lower right corner - without designations), the chip IC5 (4558), the D5 D6 diodes which transmit the signal to TR15 (2N39014 ???).
                    The overlay of the signal from the equalizer and the compressor occurs on the LM3080 and TR12 (??????), then the signal goes to the output stage.
                    Whose not good hands put TR12 without a name and another PNP instead of the npn - emitter follower.
                    The LM3080 was balanced with resistors R55 and R58, weakened the signal with the resistor R52 of the transistor TR12. - they are all in a bundle.
                    Transistors тр17 and тр18, chip 5 (4558) - keys of management of a compressor and an equalizer. They are already working.

When I know TR12 and TR13, I will enter the mode 4558 and LM3080. I just look at the original and I'll move on.

I want to keep the original and vintage.

Comment

Hello!
                      I'll really thanks if you could tell me the value of R16? you coul find it nexto transistors 2N3055!
                      Because in my board this resistor is roasted, and I can't read the value of ohm.
                      thanks

Comment

Hello Alex
                        I'll would like to know the value of R16 who is net to transistor power 2N3055?
                        Thanks

Comment

Please use this photo and tell us which resistor is bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carlsboro 100.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	851917

Comment

Hello!
                            Unfortunately, I gave the unit after repair.
                            And there is no way to see the value of the resistor.

Comment

resistor 16

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                              Please use this photo and tell us which resistor is bad.
                              Thanks for your help

the resistor that I need are signed with red arrows in the picture bellow. they are up, about the left big transistor 2n3055.Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedCarlsboro 100_LI.jpg
Size:	911.3 KB
ID:	851921
                              Last edited by Boss; 10-24-2018, 09:14 AM. Reason: added missing end quote tag

Comment

Power Board Carlsbro viper 100w

Actually, I already change the two transistors 2n3055 by two W43 moroco BD 317, and the filters by 4700uF @ 80V EPCOS. Because one of each componet was burn as well the two fuse T2.5A. I just waiting for the R16 value for instaling it and make test.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X