Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xmas Candle/Lamp Switched by 120Vac supply on amp [just blinks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmas Candle/Lamp Switched by 120Vac supply on amp [just blinks ?

A 4watt bulb/socket with AC plug lights when plugged into wall socket = 120vac.
    The bulb lights only for as long as the startup surge or to say 'blink', I'd like it to stay lighted when amp is turned on.
    i thought it would be as simple as cutting the 2prong plug off, then connecting one side to White, other side to black of AC power cable [inside the amp].
    So I complicated it, tapping AC after the fuse and to the switched side of the SPST switch [seems the only place to connect it for switched AC].
    Although the lighting is brief at startup, the lumens gets almost bright, falls slowly enough to say it seems related to the post-startup current drop at the power transformer primary. The bulb is connected across the 120v / PT primary.

Across (in parallel with) the PT primary should give you the full 120VAC for the bulb. 4W won't load down the PT either. So it should work as described. Did you measure the voltage?
    Make sure it's not in series with the PT primary. Make sure it's not across the PT secondary. That's all I can think of at the moment.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Socket

Thank you eschertron for the help.
      I can't figure a socket repeating this with several bulbs, suffice to say I'm putting in another tested socket..

Comment

Working...
      X