No announcement yet.

Bass amp opamp tweaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done blind tests with HiFi guys and none of them could tell the OPA opamps apart in double blinded experiments because HiFi guys don't know what to listen for. But I still use the OPA because they do provide objective measurable improvements in noise, even if the end user can't put their finger on it. My first OPA deployment was in a project where I upgraded boutique HiFi preamps to provide balanced line drivers. I got much better CMRR with them.

If you're registered with TI as a designer you can get samples. They restrict you to 5 samples per product. When I made the decision to buy I bought them from the list of official distributors that TI provided. They're the usual suspects -- distributors that guarantee a certificate of provenance if you ask for it:

https://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/store/distributors.page

for me it's Newark because I'm local so I get UPS Ground shipments overnight.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by PaulBass View Post
      Digikey. I don't trust any sellers on ebay not even the US ones
      Thanks! And I believe you're right to avoid ebay electronics parts, too many counterfeits.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
      X