Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to put V1a coupling capacitor on a switch for variety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    Popping was cathode follower slowly frying a tube that was good a few days ago.
    Some tubes (brands) are not happy in cathode follower positions due to heater to cathode voltages. You may have to get picky for that spot.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Some tubes (brands) are not happy in cathode follower positions due to heater to cathode voltages. You may have to get picky for that spot.
      He means Russian tubes Not all of them, but many. I use Shuguangs (China) in CF's.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• I just wanted to update this thread and say that I got all the bugs worked out and this amp sound great! Everyone who's played it loves it. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this together without blowing anything up, especially Chuck.

Comment

Working...
        X