%&$#-ing Ampeg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %&$#-ing Ampeg!

Ugh, damn Gemini has the metal top plate attached to the cabinet catching on the chassis so the chassis won't come out!

Need to find a thin metal strip to slip between the two but the front panel is bent, preventing anything from slipping between the two.
    Broke a hacksaw blade trying to use that....hmmm...let's try this wreath hanger.

It's possible that someone lost a few of the screws that hold the top plate down and replaced them with the wrong kind... Or, someone didn't realize the chassis is supposed to jiggle a bit, and added some "extra anti-vibration measures..." good luck, and don't mess up that top plate - has the most accurate schematic you're likely to get; my Reverberocket 2 had hand-drawn changes added, mainly the heater elevation.

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Yeah, somebody was in here that didn't know what they were doing and bent the front of the chassis.

Had to mutilate and rip out the shield, but that can be fixed.

Chassis front will require some nuance.

Comment

Working...
      X