Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aa763 vs ab763 how to tell

I've got a 1967 Super Reverb.

It's going in the shop, and I want to include the schematic along with it but don't know which schematic to print out, the AA763 or the AB763.

How can I determine this?

Why not print out both then you're covered any way it goes.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

1) What Leo said.
      2) Any reputable shop can figure out which it is, find it on the interweb, and print it themselves if necessary.
      3) The chassis/model number is normally stamped on the tube chart inside the amp.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The tube chart is long gone but I'll print both.

Comment

Have you looked at the schematics to find any differences? it won't matter to a competent tech, who would only be bothered by differences if they specifically affected what he was repairing. In other words if I were replacing the water pump in my 57 Ford, it wouldn't matter if there were two versions of fuel pump that year.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Funny thing, in 57 everyone wanted the Fords, but 60 years later everyone wants the Chevies.
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

In either case one would not take a list of socket wrenches you would need to the mechanic. Amp techs don;t need us to bring schematics. Not fer a Fender 763 anything.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                ......Amp techs don;t need us to bring schematics. Not fer a Fender 763 anything.
                I'll take it a step further:

Amp techs don't need schematics for a Fender 763 anything.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

i think most of us could draw that fender circuit from memory.
                  "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

A non issue...

Comment

Working...
                    X