Fender Twin Reverb Reissue vibrato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Twin Reverb Reissue vibrato

just working for some mods ( replacing caps, pots, resistors) on a reissue twin reverb. but I have a question about this one, regarding the vibrato schematic: seems that in this model (2011) they replaced the optocupler ( neon light and photoresistor) with a big pcb with smd parts. does any fellows seen that? on later reissues Fender uses the optocupler part. in this one not. I have some pictures, but I don t see how to post.
    looking forward for your thoughts about this issue. thanks!

I seem to remember Fender being in a period of difficulty with ROHS compliance that mandated them to stop using the optocoupler bug until they became ROHS compliant. I understand that they used a different circuit then, but I don't remember details. I've successfully avoided having to service one. That said, you should do a search. I remember the topic being discussed here before. There should be a thread with photos in the archives.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Or CALL Fender and ask about it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

this ugly thing?

Pedro Vecino gets credit for being the first person here to find one in a Deluxe Reverb.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t5756/

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

What country are you in?
          I know some of the members in Europe have posted about this circuit before.

edit: thanks Bob, I see you found it!
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
            this ugly thing?
            Holy moley, that's an awful big pile of crapola to sub for a neon lamp & photocell Fender, what were they thinkin?
            Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 01-09-2018, 01:28 AM.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

that thread was pretty easy to find. i remember the debate about how RoHS compliance resulted in a replacement board that was less "green" than a tremolo bug that the EC was eliminating. the thread evolved into a "green" hijack, so I searched for "Prius Hummer" and it came right up.

Comment

thanks for the replies. in my twin reverb I removed also a second pcb, the power supply for SMD opto circuit. the power supply pcb used the brown wires from the PT, and two wires - orange and yellow goes to CP9/CP10 main board. so you have to reroute the brown wires directly to CP9/CP10. this AC voltage are used for biass the 6L6s.

Comment

that other thread has pictures of both boards.

Comment

Working...
                  X