Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question RE Fender 5E5A channel

Hi all,

I'm planning on building a fender 5E5a circuit into a small old radio amp chassis with limited and already-determined restraints on the number of tubes etc. I want to add the tremolo circuit from a 6G3. I only have three nine-pin sockets to work with and don't really need two channels so my plan is to eliminate the normal channel and use the freed up half of its 12ax7 preamp tube to drive the tremolo circuit. This will allow me to stick with three nine-pin tubes.

I have a few questions (see schematics)

1. I'll be splitting the cathodes of the first preamp, which shares a 25/25uf cap and 820 ohm resistor. If I split this I'm assuming I should double the size of the cathode resistor, to 1500K or so?

2. I take it I don't need to change the value of the plate resistor, correct?

3. There was no ground shown on the schematic. Point #3 to ground, right?

If there are any other things you think should be mentioned, let me know. And thank you!

Thanks! Looking forward to figuring my way through this.
    Attached Files

IMO: yes. yes. yes.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Thanks Bob. Anything else need to be done, circuit-wise?

Thanks,

Ted

Comment

I think you're all set with what you've got planned so far. It's a great circuit.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
        X