Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG 81 and 85 wiring diagram,what si wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 81 and 85 wiring diagram,what si wrong?

I bay EMG 81 and 85 pickup and,when wiring on this scematics
    https://tops-stars.com/wp-content/up...ng-diagram.jpg
    Both pots are master volume but i want one volume ad one tone pots.
    Whats is wrong with this diagram?
    Thanks

emg-81-85-wiring-diagram

verify that the tone cap is an acceptable value (small enough to roll off only high frequencies) and that there is no short between the tone pot wiper and ground. If there is a short, the tone control will function like another master volume.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

The diagram is fine.

Also, make sure the capacitor lead is not shorting against the pot casing. If you could post a picture of your guitar wiring it would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
        emg-81-85-wiring-diagram

verify that the tone cap is an acceptable value (small enough to roll off only high frequencies) and that there is no short between the tone pot wiper and ground. If there is a short, the tone control will function like another master volume.
        Pots is both 25k...But i understand,what do you mean (that there is no short between the tone pot wiper and ground. If there is a short, the tone control will function like another master volume)?

Comment

Originally posted by Djoksi View Post
          Pots is both 25k...But i understand,what do you mean (that there is no short between the tone pot wiper and ground. If there is a short, the tone control will function like another master volume)?
          If you have a wire (short, continuity) from the pot to ground, as you turn the pot down ALL frequencies are shunted to ground. The volume drops. On the tone control, the cap between the pot and ground selectively shunts only high frequencies to ground. If this cap is incorrectly sized or missing (a straight wire in its place, i.e., a short) then the tone control will act as a volume control. This is the behaviour that you describe.

Check all the soldering and wiring in the control cavity. Photos will help. Do you have a meter? Check continuity from pot connections to ground. draw a picture and mark the resistance readings.
          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thank you people, I found a problem.
            Capacitor lead touching housing pots and pots conections
            Thanks all....

Comment

Working...
            X