Under board connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under board connections

Why are some of the connections on the turret board made on the underside ? Is it due to lack of space in the turret holes or would running them over the top interfere with the other components or is it to make it easier for the installation of the components ?

Often it's the most direct route and avoids running wires around components to get from A to B.

Comment

So it's just a matter of convenience and if they were to be run over the top it wouldn't interfere with anything electrically?

Comment

I think it's more of the visual aesthetic that matters.

When technical aspects are brought up, I read that the wires routed invisibly tend to cause frustration for the troubleshooter. Opportunities to make wrong assumptions about where the wires go, or if they are actually present at all!
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure and as I'm building my amp because I want a cracking guitar amp that sounds good I don't really care if someone from the amp police says they should be underneath plus I've got some lovely mil spec turrets that don't have holes underneath (Ha ha) so over the top it is

Comment

Is there a particular amp you have in mind? Generally you'd be OK but there could be exceptions. Established layouts are tried and tested and if you divert from those there may be unwanted signal or noise coupling that requires lead-dress experiments. Sometimes with an amp it only takes a few millimeters in a lead position to make a difference in noise or preventing or causing oscillation.

Comment

It's a basic dave hunter two stroke with the single 6v6 so nothing too technical there are only a couple of underboard connections (three in total) and I thought if I run them high enough away (using solid core) from other components following the same right angle theory it would be fine ?

Comment

Working...
              X