Fender tech tonic bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender tech tonic bridge

Can anyone explain how to adjust overall height on these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigDSCN1723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	848462Pretty rare bridge/guitar I've never seen one, but ignorance won't stop me from offering advice I'd try slacking off the strings, loosen the allen screw in the center of the posts and turn the post in or out to adjust. Be careful, don't use excessive force as these instructions may be all wrong
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]46870[/ATTACH]Pretty rare bridge/guitar I've never seen one, but ignorance won't stop me from offering advice I'd try slacking off the strings, loosen the allen screw in the center of the posts and turn the post in or out to adjust. Be careful, don't use excessive force as these instructions may be all wrong

Strange design, not intuitive at all. Needed to lower the bridge to get action right, found that after taking out the center allen screws the slotted head comes off and there is a hex fitting inside. Unfortunately the bridge was already bottomed out, so I had to use the micro tilt on the neck to get the action in.

Comment

Does the under side of the slotted head have a hex shape that engages the hex on the post? My thinking was that you should crack the allen screw (not take it out) to unlock the post then turn the slotted part.

Comment

Does the under side of the slotted head have a hex shape that engages the hex on the post? My thinking was that you should crack the allen screw (not take it out) to unlock the post then turn the slotted part.
          Yes hex under the slotted cap. Trying to engage a large enough blade screwdriver to turn that is scary, one slip and you gash the guitar face. Funny thing is that I have a complete collection of hex drivers and absolutely none of them fit into the hex under the cap. Oh well, live to fight another day. Got the job done using the micro tilt.

Comment

Good. what ever works. Those are really cool looking guitars IMO, both the single and double pickup models. I really like the feel of a wrap around bridge too.

Comment

Good. what ever works. Those are really cool looking guitars IMO, both the single and double pickup models. I really like the feel of a wrap around bridge too.
              Yes very nice guitar, my first time working with that type of bridge. This one is the 2 humbucker model, I'd prefer p90's in it, but it's not mine. The owner loves it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

I'd prefer p90's in it
                me too

Comment

Working...
                X