Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadCat Hotcat 30R reverb

Gday All,
    Anyone successfully modded one of these to have the reverb active on the gain channel as well?
    Cheers
    Gav
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    ------------------
    Tone, its in your fingers mate!!

In the event that no one has done such a mod here...

If you can find a schematic we may be able to work it out.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks Chuck.
      I’m trying to find one. The only one available is a non reverb model. Plus it’s the older version. I’ve contacted Badcat. Still waiting. Not much support here in Oz.
      Cheers,
      Gavin
      ------------------

Comment

Well it's a relatively new, boutiquey sort of amp. I don't think they'll be throwing schematics around. If no one shows up with one your only options would be to work with an authorized BadCat service/dealer on the matter, find an amp mod guy to work on it (which may void any warranty), or trace the circuit and draw the schematic yourself.

EDIT: It looks to me like all the current BadCat "R" models already have reverb on both channels. With independent level controls. In fact I couldn't find an older model that matches the above description of your amp.
        Last edited by Chuck H; 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

I believe the OP has the older BC 30.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bad-cat-hot-cat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	848443

The newest BC 30R does have separate controls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot-Cat-30R-Head.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	848444

Comment

Considering the schematic may not surface it may be worth checking with local techs to see if they've dealt with it. There's a major Bad Cat distributor just south of Brisbane, about 600km north of Sydney and another near Perth. So I'll bet techs in Sydney have seen, fixed and modded with these things.

Comment

Thx guys.
              Yep that’s the one Jazz P bass.
              BC pointed me to a shop in Melbourne. That’s 1000km away lol.
              It’s a 2011 model. Hopefully I can get a schematic out of them. I’ve opened it up with the hope of tracing it but it’ll be a nightmare.
              Cheers,
              Gavin
              ------------------

Comment

Working...
              X