First question on my build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Luth View Post
    Wasn't sure what tone to use or volume settings. I definitely need to mount the small dummy load to a heat sink or get a 100 - 200 watt dummy load, gets hot quickly.
    400Hz is fine. I set the oscillator output to 100mV and then use the volume control on the amp. 100mV will drive the amp to full power without overdriving the input stage. The dummy load will get hot. I'd use 200W or more for a 100W amp.

Comment

• Tested today although I don't trust my VM that much. Some day I'll get a better one. A Fluke would be nice but too expensive. Have see if there is a good one for less than a Fluke.

Set the oscillator to 420Hz and as close to 100mV as I can with the meter, brought it up on the scope to where it just stats to show distortion.

Usable is 85 to 87 watts before it distorts, if I push it all the way just to see what happens it's 135W.
      It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

• Planing on getting a 200W dummy load soon.
        It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

• Used the amp again and all is good.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Have another question but that will be in a different thread.

Comment

Working...
          X