Bogen challenger CHB 10 amp help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogen challenger CHB 10 amp help.

I want to use this wonderful amp for harp. It has great tone. The amp would be nice and compact as a combo amp. The problem I have is I don't know very much about wiring voltage etc. I have taken out the wiring for phono control, and pot. I would like to install a light bulb, where the old phono hole is. But I don't know where to take power from. Or how to set my ohms meter to test for proper voltage. Although it sounds great it does have quite a noticeable him. I would show pics but don't see an option for that.

Originally posted by knarfwons View Post
    I want to use this wonderful amp for harp. It has great tone. The amp would be nice and compact as a combo amp. The problem I have is I don't know very much about wiring voltage etc. I have taken out the wiring for phono control, and pot. I would like to install a light bulb, where the old phono hole is. But I don't know where to take power from. Or how to set my ohms meter to test for proper voltage. Although it sounds great it does have quite a noticeable him. I would show pics but don't see an option for that.
    Here's the schematic
    http://makearadio.com/schematics/ima...n-chb10a-4.jpg
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Firstly, welcome to the place!

Above all, BE CAREFUL! There are lethal voltages in there. The hum could be any number of things. Does it go away when you turn the amp volume down? IMO, the best option for a lamp would be to run a bulb off the filament tap like most other tube amps. Respectfully, you should probably do some reading first, if you don't know how to use a meter and probably some tube amp primers. We'd hate to see you get electrocuted. Google "How to use a multimeter". Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but one should have some basic knowledge before getting inside a tube amp.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Firstly, welcome to the place!

Above all, BE CAREFUL! There are lethal voltages in there. The hum could be any number of things. Does it go away when you turn the amp volume down? IMO, the best option for a lamp would be to run a bulb off the filament tap like most other tube amps. Respectfully, you should probably do some reading first, if you don't know how to use a meter and probably some tube amp primers. We'd hate to see you get electrocuted. Google "How to use a multimeter". Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but one should have some basic knowledge before getting inside a tube amp.
        All the above... but I would use an 120vac rated LED or neon lamp assembly after the mains switch. They are cheap, easy to install, and do not load down any heater current.

Comment

What voltage toggle switch would you recommend on this Bogen challenger chb10.

Comment

Working...
          X