Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    I've actually never even ear tested it.
    I'm afraid to ask which body part you did use to test it...

Steve A.

P.S. I just read how the Tube Screamer and perhaps even the Klon Centaur have a high pass filter set around 736hz. {The Keeley Oxblood od/boost pedal has a "phat" switch that toggles between that frequency and 66hz, and it really thickens the sound nicely.}
    Last edited by Steve A.; 02-18-2018, 08:57 AM.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
      I'm afraid to ask which ...I just read how the Tube Screamer ... have a high pass filter set around 736hz...
      Note that HPF is just on the clipped signal. As the clipper and HPF are in the feedback of a non-inverting amp, the full range, unclipped, buffered signal also appearst at that stage's output.
      With high output PUs and a clean amp, the clean signal can be heard with the clipped signal riding on to of it. Unfortunately the clean signal gets muffled by the tone control stage, something I think the sparkledrive has a remedy for.
      Perhaps why TS seem to work better with an overdriving amp.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
        Note that HPF is just on the clipped signal. As the clipper and HPF are in the feedback of a non-inverting amp, the full range, unclipped, buffered signal also appearst at that stage's output... the clean signal can be heard with the clipped signal riding on top of it.
        That's the main charm of the TS. It allows some crisp, sharp clipping on lower frequencies while still letting the top end chime of Fender type amps to come through making those amps sound heavily clipped but with some clean-ish articulation. Sound like anyone's tone we all know and love? (R.I.P. Stevie )
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X