diode---VHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diode---VHT

I know i cant get a scem for a CL / 50 , but if you have one , what is CR102 ? Cant read the part #

FWIW: They won't give you a schematic, but in the past I've called them and they would give me part values. They are more than willing to help you out sans schematics. At least, that's been my experience.

Edit: If you can figure out what circuit it's in, it shouldn't be hard to come up with something that works. Is it a rectifier, flyback diode, etc.
    Last edited by The Dude; 02-08-2018, 10:47 PM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

thanks

i think its connected to a relay that switches class a/ab ....i havent got the 1 pcb out enough to even see the traces...not an easy one to pull (think Mesa)

i havent clipped it out of the circuit yet to test it

Comment

If it's across the relay coil, you'll of course measure the parallel relay coil when trying to test the diode. It might be easier to see if there's voltage across the coil when it's supposed to be switched on. But then,...... maybe you've already done that and are way ahead of me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          If it's across the relay coil, you'll of course measure the parallel relay coil when trying to test the diode. It might be easier to see if there's voltage across the coil when it's supposed to be switched on. But then,...... maybe you've already done that and are way ahead of me.
          dont even know if i can get to anything as far as the relay...the way this thing is built , i have to un-solder a lot of wires just to get the pcb vertical to see traces.... let me get the amp back on the bench to test that diode

Comment

ok--that diode tests ok out of circuit---ill make a new post if i cant figure out the rest !

Comment

I understand you can't get to the relay coil contacts under the board, but the diode is parallel, no? You can test the voltage across the coil by testing the voltage across the diode, assuming you can get to that.

Comment

Working...
              X