Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servicing a VOX Super Beatle V1142 this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
    Hey, what the hell just happened? Where did he go?
    Yeah, beats me. My post was definitely wiped out though I have not been notified nor have I received any messages about it.

EDIT: (My post count is 1 after this post)
    Last edited by smsscottsmith; 03-20-2019, 11:07 PM. Reason: after-the-fact note about my post count

Comment

I'm afraid to post at this point as my first post up and evaporated without warning, but here it goes...

I'm the guy this thread was concerned with. I was in You-Do-It Electronics Center getting a resistor to replace one that I managed to physically break from the same amp this thread was about. When I went on their customer PC to Google "vox super beatle schematic", this thread was in the first page of results, heh... I read the first post and though I wasn't CERTAIN that 'SoulFetish' was my friend, it seemed pretty obvious that this thread was about me.

In the post that evaporated I called SoulFetish "wussy" for becoming offended vicariously over the comment posted by '52 Bill' about my relay wiring job. The comment is valid though I don't think it's really THAT bad. I created that solution by myself with very little thought. All I had was the vague inspiration provided by R.G.'s write-up on the subject.

On that subject, I can't thank R.G. enough for having created that write-up in the first place. Without it I would have had no starting point with this amp. Thank you so very much!

Life has gotten in the way of finishing this amp though I have picked it up again in earnest. The problem I'm running into now is that the rotary switch I was able to get my hands on readily turned out to be non-shorting. This causes a loud pop when going 'Operate' to 'Standby' due to the power being cut off momentarily. I was able to find something with some serious digging but the guy who owns this amp has been a cheap CENSORED and I'm undecided on whether or not I want to spend any more money on parts.

Currently I clearly have a broken wire in the preamp section somewhere and I'll address it "later today" (it's past midnight, heh).

Cheers.
      Last edited by smsscottsmith; 06-12-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X