• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL-5 and effects loop

Hi everyone,
    Got a new TC Hall of fame 2 reverb pedal yesterday,
    love the sound and the quality of it.

It seems that when I connect it to my Marshall DSL-5 and effects loop it takes over
    all of the volume and EQ controls, which is pretty bad, even when the pedal is turned off,
    as long as it's connected by the cables I got no control over the AMP (Except for the Level switch on the pedal).
    Had also a pop sound when I turned the pedal on\off (even when the amp wasn't turned on),
    this was fixed by changing the pedal configuration from true bypass to buffered bypass.

Any advise?
    Last edited by black_crow; 02-10-2018, 02:32 PM.

You are plugging the guitar into the amp front input jack, then the FX send on the amp to the effect unit IN and the effect unit OUT to the FX return on the amp?

I am having a hard time imagining the pedal making any sound out the speaker when the amp is not powered on.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      You are plugging the guitar into the amp front input jack, then the FX send on the amp to the effect unit IN and the effect unit OUT to the FX return on the amp?

I am having a hard time imagining the pedal making any sound out the speaker when the amp is not powered on.
      You can ignore that part since the issue resolved when I changed the pedal configuration from true bypass to buffer mode,
      the popping noise stopped while turning the pedal on/off (yes even when the amp was turned off).

It seems that I had some wiring issues, so everything resolved successfully.

Comment

Working...
      X