No announcement yet.

LP Jr knock off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't exactly a kit Steve. It was just a neck and a body. If I remember correctly it was $154 w/ free shipping. It was shipped from a USA address. But yeah I took a lot of care to get it right. It's a very close replica. I spent a third of what it cost on a replica/replacement pickguard for a real one. It mounted straight on with no modifications. Everyone thinks it's real and just refinished. I had a couple people say I was full of it when I said I built it. This clip has it plugged straight into a 20 watt 12AX7/El84 tube amp with no boost pedal or anything. I probably should have tried to clean it up a hair, but that's what a slightly overwound P90 is supposed to sound like. I retuned to "double dropped D" to play "Cinnamon Girl" with this guy and also played G tuned and standard slide on it. The neck set is very solid. It's set up a little low for slide though. I'm also using a 9 Ernie Ball set. As I said in the earlier posts. The wood came from Eden via Reverb.com. They may still have some if you want to make one. And thanks for you attention!
    Last edited by olddawg; 07-01-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X