Heater wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater wiring question

Is there any reason I shouldn't use this cable for wiring my heater filaments it is 1mm solid core copper 300/500v rating and the spec sheet says 11 amps max current the temp rating is 70 degrees I've only got two tubes to run it to and the last tube (12ax7) would only need 1 wire in each pin so space no problem would the 70 degrees be a problem I'm building the amp so the tubes are on top not underneath so heat should be less?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_195645.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	873317

Whenever I suggest components I'm always told that I should use more basic stuff and not be fooled by the mojo or am I wrong?

70C is fine, well above the operating temp your amp could reach, but I hate wire with flimsy insulation that melts / deforms by solder points.
    So I suggest to check that it solders up ok before you commit to it.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

If all your tubes are in parallel, that piece won't work, unless you retwist it properly.

Comment

Don't worry only one power tube and one preamp tube and I only twisted that piece to give an example of the wire I was talking about

Comment

I also laid it on graph paper so you could see the size

Comment

Plus I've spent most evenings reading Rob robinettes forum and I thought series and parallel heater wiring only mattered with push pull type amps or am I wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X