Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersonic 60 Hiss and Popping -- Got TSB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersonic 60 Hiss and Popping -- Got TSB?

The SS 60 seems to be famous for popping during channel switching, for hiss/noise in the reverb circuit, and for hiss when biased cold.

From what I've read Fender ships the amps with extremely cold bias and some of the hiss problem goes away when you bias the amp normally. I also understand that fender issued a TSB regarding a fix for the reverb noise, as well as a fix for the channel switching pop. Reading on the forums it sounds like the channel pop fix involved a relay swap, but I can't find anything about fixing the reverb noise problem.

If anyone can post a copy of the TSB I'd like to read it.

Thanks.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Originally posted by bob p View Post
    The SS 60 seems to be famous for popping during channel switching, for hiss/noise in the reverb circuit, and for hiss when biased cold.

From what I've read Fender ships the amps with extremely cold bias and some of the hiss problem goes away when you bias the amp normally. I also understand that fender issued a TSB regarding a fix for the reverb noise, as well as a fix for the channel switching pop. Reading on the forums it sounds like the channel pop fix involved a relay swap, but I can't find anything about fixing the reverb noise problem.

If anyone can post a copy of the TSB I'd like to read it.

Thanks.
    Id be great full if anyone could provide this information as well.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X