Yamaha guitar amp logo plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha guitar amp logo plate?

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a Yamaha guitar amp logo plate like the one pictured below? I am restoring an 80's Yamaha Fifty 112 amplifier. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha logo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	873356

I've had similar problems with older Japanese spares and it's usually the cosmetic stuff that's the most difficult to find. Sometimes parts can be found in Japan and someone who restores very early Japanese motorcycles told me that very often Japanese sites don't get searched via Google and to use Yahoo or something else. In fact he demonstrated this in front of me - no results in Google and loads using Yahoo.

You may be lucky and get a cheap wreck of an amp on Ebay or local classified listings, but be prepared to wait.

As an extreme, I've borrowed nameplates and taken an impression using silicone and then cast them in resin. This works really well and when painted the plate is indistinguishable from an original. I've also laboriously cut letters out of phenolic-paper board and assembled a nameplate when nothing else has been available.

EDIT; You'll usually get better results searching in Japanese than English, though many sites have some or limited English text.
    Last edited by Mick Bailey; 03-01-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

If you're feeling adventurous and you have access to one you could always try 3D printing one

Comment

Good point. It would need to be a decent machine, rather than one that's only capable of producing Smurfs that look like they're made out of chewed gum.

Comment

Working...
        X