Interest groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest groups

I had no idea we had interest groups here until a few minutes ago. Someone asking for Tapco schematics.

I wanted to suggest to him he post his request in the schematics request section for better response, but I see no way to post in his Tapco group without "joining" it. I don't want to join anything, as I see it as potential for more unwanted emails. Maybe that is a groundless concern, but...

I am unclear on the purpose of the groups feature. Is there a reason to discuss an amp there rather than in the forum?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

I suspect simply a new user that ran astray.

Edit: I agree. I'm not joining a group just to make one post.
    Last edited by The Dude; 03-06-2018, 01:36 AM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Is there a reason to discuss an amp there rather than in the forum?
      None whatsoever, far as I can see. It just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity to the process of helping fix his mixer/amp/whatever, as you mention. I could see - possibly - having groups for various popular brands but never for something so obscure as Tapco gear. Our Tapco correspondent would be well advised to pitch his questions in the regular forum if he wants answers.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

There's quite a range of different groups: http://music-electronics-forum.com/groups/
        Some of them make sense, some of them just seem like people posting in the wrong area.

The problem seems to be that you can not become aware of them unless you go looking.
        There is nothing to notify forum users about the various groups.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I have a broken snowmobile and ............ oh, wait.....

Comment

Did you find out this morning when you needed it, or did the blizzard we got miss you?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Oh, no. I'm getting a fine welcome home. Should have stayed away another week!

And, apologies for

Comment

if you didn't have a broken snowmobile, i'd comment that you aren't collecting enough junk.
                "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
                  if you didn't have a broken snowmobile, i'd comment that you aren't collecting enough junk.
                  Hell my next door neighbor has TWO broken snowmobiles. He claims they're "valuable collectors items." They have sat in the same exact spot for 30 years, spoiling the view out my kitchen window. I guess I should count myself lucky he hasn't collected more snowmobiles, otoh the yard is littered with all sorts of other junk like a clapped out pop up camper and pile of at least 2 dozen scrap mosquito breeders, um I mean, tires. ALL valuable collector items I'm sure! Somehow hasn't caught the attention of the interest group "Building Inspectors."

Comment

if he can't take two bad snowmobiles and make one good one out of them, then what good is he?

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I think the group feature thingy is another part of the vBulletin software that comes as part of the package...
                      I'm not joining any groups.

Justin
                      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

if he can't take two bad snowmobiles and make one good one out of them, then what good is he?
                        Doesn't care whether any work or not, just waiting for that "miracle buyer" who will turn his deflicted snowmobiles into a pile of cashburgers. All without even advertising, not even for free on Craigslist. All in all I should be satisfied the way things are going: when I first moved here he had a parade of rusty Dodge Omni's plus a couple junkyard-ready mini pickup trucks. We could go on, but bottom line is, not much makes sense over there.

Comment

I used to work with a guy that could have taken two good snowmobiles and make three bad ones out of them.

Comment

One of my favorite junk buggies is jet ski's. They were SOOOO popular for couple of years and shops lingered another few. But what a waste of money. Like getting a pet monkey, it's one of those impulse purchases that seems like a better idea than it is. If the buyers would have thought it out for two extra seconds they would have realized that you're just going to twist the throttle and go 'sort of' fast over big water. Then turn around and do it in the other direction. Then maybe do it again a few times and get bored out of your mind before the second payment is made. Classic human behavior.
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I thoroughly enjoy riding someone else's jet ski.

Comment

Working...
                              X