Thread: Somebody on CL doesn't like Reverb

Better Tone thru Mathematics bob p's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 54/0
    Given: 0/0

Somebody on CL doesn't like Reverb

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Better Tone thru Mathematics bob p's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 54/0
    I've never sold on Reverb so I have to ask, is it really that bad?

"Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 588/1
    I don't sell my goods directly, I have a friend handle it. He has sold a number of my amps on Reverb, seemed to work OK for us.

I have also sold gear on consignment in a couple local Music Stores. The stores did a good job, but their cut is a hell of a lot more than the cut places like Reverb take.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 336/5
    Given: 271/0
    At 9:45 CST, CL entry shows "flagged for removal." I guess we'll never know. Overall the people I know that have dealt thru Reverb are happy campers, they like it way better than fleaBay. And G-base seems to have shot themselves in the butt some years ago, for a while they were the go-to spot for pro sellers, apparently no more.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 116/0
    Given: 77/0
    I have bought a lot of gear on Reverb.com and it is a much friendlier site than eBay which discourages communications between buyers and sellers because they are so f*cking afraid that you might make the deal off-site. At Reverb.com they merely remind you that off-site deals lack the buyer protection that they do offer. And while eBay attracts a lot of resellers who are not musicians that is generally not the case at Reverb.

FWIW eBay is finally offering real protection for buyers - if the item you buy is not as described you contact the seller for a refund and if you don't get an acceptable reply from them in 3 days you present your claim to eBay staff and if they decide in your favor you get a prepaid label to return the item and will receive a full refund including shipping a few days after the item is delivered.

In the past eBay would only issue whatever refund if any was offered by the seller and I got stiffed a few times. But with the new policy any unreimbursed refund they make to a buyer will be deducted from the seller's future sales, and that is assuming that they just can't withdraw it from the seller's linked bank account (which I have heard they have done in the past.) BTW I do have 260 positive feedback reports so I think that weighs in my favor when they make decisions on a claim.

I might as well mention my experiences with Amazon, too. While they might not offer refunds for some of their 3rd party sellers they have offered me concessions like credit towards future purchases fulfilled by Amazon. I guess they can see that I do a lot of business with them so giving me $15 or $30 gift cards won't bankrupt them.

Steve A.

Thread Information