Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does hand winding mean hand on the wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, you're a comedian if not a pickup maker.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Hehehe...funny stuff
      -Stan
      ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
      Stan Hinesley Pickups
      FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
        Jon, you're a comedian if not a pickup maker.
        But I'm the only comedian with a Leesona 102 and a multi bobbin hand guided and computer guided winder of my own design.
        Last edited by JGundry; 10-30-2007, 08:23 PM.
        They don't make them like they used to... We do.
        www.throbak.com
        Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Originally posted by JGundry View Post
          But I'm the only comedian with a Leesona 102 and a multi bobbin hand guided winder of my own design.
          You should take them on tour with Steven Wright. He need's a stooge.
          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

You all crack me up!!!!
            www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

You should take them on tour with Steven Wright. He need's a stooge.
              That would never work. Steven Wright still thinks PAF's are hand wound.
              www.throbak.com

Comment

Originally posted by JGundry View Post
                That would never work. Steven Wright still thinks PAF's are hand wound.
                Great. Well there's the whole basis for your act. Steven wright needs to incorporate a bit of slapstick into the show.
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Great. Well there's the whole basis for your act. Steven wright needs to incorporate a bit of slapstick into the show.
                  The problem is Steven is too busy powering his pedal driven winder while having his hands full with the winding to do anything else.
                  www.throbak.com

Comment

Shame. Well I suppose you'll have to go back to pedalling your pedals and showing people around your antique winder mausoleum.
                    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

One man's Library of Congress is another man's antique book mausoleum. It just depends or your perspective, and thirst for knowledge.
                      www.throbak.com

Comment

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

As Sam Lee Guy once said during a moment of clarity,

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

That's thought provoking.
                          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Those were Steven Wright quotes by the way...
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              Those were Steven Wright quotes by the way...
                              The man's a legend.
                              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                                You're right, it does jerk to a certain degree. My tensioner's arm bobs up and down because of this. I have minimized it... but i don't think you can, with the setup that i have, get the bobbing/jerking totally out of the picture. I also have a felt clamp that maintains light tension between the tensioner and the rollers on the wire guide of my machine. I think this helps minimize it as well. ...

That is funny that you mention this....when i started using my machine i had this problem. I would program the machine to do a certain number of turns at a slow start speed to get the coil started and then it would kick in to the general winding RPMs that i programmed....many times the wire would snap. I had to find the "sweet spot", were the jerk was minimized between the slow start speed and regular winding speed.
                                It sounds like you could use a dancer, which can be as simple as a very light spring made of music wire that bobs up and down in unison with bobbin rotation. Think of a fishing pole as the model.

Comment

Working...
                                X