Need schematic for Yamaha PS 55 keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need schematic for Yamaha PS 55 keyboard

Most functions seem to work, individual volume controls function except for the master volume control which has no effect. The amplifier sounds thru the speakers, but it is quite low level. Schematic section covering the audio stages pribably all that is needed. Thanks

If that. The MV is a slider. It controls DC, does the wiper go up and down DC?

The actual control of volume is through optocouplers.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo thanks.I dont see any DC on what I think are the pins on the circuit board coming from the master volume slider But if i touch DC to one of those pins the volume comes up full on both channels. so it looks like no DC going and/or coming to the slider. I looked again and see the area of interest on the schematic and will try to localize the problem. Thanks
      Last edited by fredcapo; 03-29-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I can't call it up at this moment, but seems to me the slider has DC across it, and the wiper makes a control voltage for the volume circuit. So look for the source of (probably) +5v on top of the slider.

OK, I went and got it. +2.5vDC. The other sliders work the same, so look at other volumes or tempo control, is there 2.5v on the tops? If not, then they all should be dead. If they work, and have the voltage, then look for the interruption between that 2.5v source and the Master control.

The 2.5v supply is a simple transistor regulator off the +5 supply. Lower right corner of schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks. Yes its pretty clear on the schematic you provided...just needed to expand the print

Comment

Enzo, I grabbed a copy of the schematic from here...thanks for posting it! In my case, all the C and C# keys do not work. Haven't looked into it yet, other than a quick look at the schematic. Looks like the problem will be in a very confined location. The wires coming off the keyboard, going to the IC1, or the IC itself may be defective. This includes the note signals, as well as the BL signals. My guess is the BL signals tell the chip which C key is being depressed, so probably something to do with these BL signals. Am I on track?

Comment

Working...
            X