Thread: Happy Easter!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 417/0
    Given: 453/0

Happy Easter!

Hoping you all have a great day and here's some Easter memories to help

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...less ear-friendly but handy for jazz." Leo_Gnardo

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 200/21
    Given: 201/9
    I always like Easter.
    We have a big Easter Lunch, then the annual 3 grandchild Easter egg hunt.
    Grandma fills up plastic eggs with candy and money.
    I think there were 107 eggs, three large grand prize eggs.
    We hide them in the woods (backyard).
    Each kid gets a prize egg.
    After that my blues & rock playing grandson, Ethan, Plays my 50 watt amp on high, on the front porch and serenades the neighborhood.
    Was a very enjoyable day!
    I think I'll go find another deviled egg!
    T

“When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.” WILL ROGERS

Keep Rockin! B_T
    Terry

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 573/1
    Given: 0/0
    I like Easter too. Here at the home, we had a big communal Easter dinner. Rosie cooked the meal, but it was also potluck. We had a ham, a couple kinds of scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese. Brian made the green bean casserole. Green beans and corn. MY wife made asparagus and also corn with roast red peppers and lime. A bunch of cake was sliced and put out next to cookies. Someone made the pink mousse-y stuff. Slaw, etc. I was going to make a batch of my sausage stuffing, but the wife tied up the kitchen...dumb broad.

I knew we were having ham, so I stopped a the store and got some Grey Poupon. Then we did the "Pardon me sir..." and "But of course." exchanges.

Our thirty-something son and fiance joined us. MAny years ago, we took him to dinner somewhere like Olive Garden, and they put out little Andes Mints after dinner. To our kid that means "fine dining." SO I got a bag of those, and had him hand them out to everyone at their tables. Fine dining at Easter.

I noticed someone had put out colored eggs yesterday around the ground floor and community room. Gone this morning.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Here in Coupeville they have a community Easter egg hunt at Town Park. They did it on Saturday this year. Probably because of the church aspect of the holiday or maybe someone was watching the weather for this one because today would have been a bad for it. Anyway, I'll be ready next year. The adults go out the day before and hide a bunch of plastic eggs with prizes and candy inside. I want to sneak out there the night before the hunt and plant some eggs of my own. Put things inside like a packet of hand lotion, a nut on a bolt, bacon, an actual boiled egg, etc. I might even make the paper (anonymously).

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    We used to tease our son. He'd get plastic eggs with candy in them, except in some of the eggs, the "candy" was rubber erasers that looked like candy. He'd say "That darned Easter Bunny is trying to fool me." I also liked to give him a rutabaga at birthday, Xmas, and easter. ALong with his candy in the Easter Basket, he'd find a rutabaga. I find it humorous. At the store bakery, they make round cakes and cut them in half and stand them on the cut face, making a rounded hump. They then have these little sets of cardboard bunny ears and noses they stick on the cake, so it looks like a bunny. One year I talked them out of a set of bunny cardboards, and glued them to a rutabaga. Voila: rutabunny.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    I, for one, am heartened to learn that Enzo has procreated and shared his genes with our future. And equally heartened to hear that he kept his son thinking out of the box

I don't think a rutabaga would fit in a plastic egg though... Maybe if they still sold Leggs Pantyhose in the old container I could pull it off

Thumbs Up/Down
    The size my wife wears might fit a rutabaga...

Thread Information