TC SCF Chorus Flanger 110v to 220v ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC SCF Chorus Flanger 110v to 220v ?

This famous Chorus Pedal has a built in power supply of 110v.
    Europian version has 220v power supply.
    Does anyone knows about this modification?
    I have bought my legendary TC SCF Chorus from USA
    and I live in Europe. I have heard that there is a small modification can be done to solve this problem. Any help will be great!
    Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by venedikli; 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM.

and also I have the schematics for this pedal... if any one can help I can send it by email. thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi, if you have the schematics of this pedal, may be i can help you.
      could you send it by email.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your respond. Could you give me your email adress I will send them immediately. thanks a lot

Comment

you can send it to : galjer (arobase )hotmail (dot) com.
          Best regards.

Comment

I have send them. I will appreciate your help very much.

Comment

TC SCF Chorus Flanger 110v to 220v?

Hello all

I just bought a SCF off eBay from a US seller (UK here). The description said that it is both 110v-240v and so did the website. But when the pedal arrived it clearly indicated that the acceptable voltage is 100-120v.

Does that mean that this pedal was made before TC introduced the universal supply for the SCF?

Thanks

Comment

no, there is no universal power supply. It always had 2 different power supplied models. But I know that there is a small modification to change unit power supply to 220v. I am seeking for its formula over internet but couldn't find one. I have send the schematics to galjer. Waiting for good news.

Comment

Many thanks for that venedikli. And now that you've said i checked TC's website and noticed that the power is either 100-120 or 200-240v. Hmmm, perhaps i should get hold of this schematic myself or should i wait for the good news first?

But i have another question to someone that might have the answer:

Yesterday, while trying to reach for the power supply myself i opened the bottom plate of the SCF and i stumbled upon a board of chips. Isn't the SCF an analog chorus? If yes, what are these chips doing there? (I wonder).

Comment

If you wish I can also send you the schematics which was really hard to find for me. So you can ask or search other electronics forum or find someone who knows these stuff well, and share the result with me of course still waiting for a response from galjer. hope he finds the solution.

Comment

Venedikli if you can send them that would be great! Use atsoukatos (at) gmail (dot) com if you do. And of course i will let you know of the outcome.

Would you know venedikli if the SCF is indeed an analog chorus or not?

Comment

By any chance did anyone try contacting TC directly and asking?

If it uses a switching power supply, most of them are either universal or easily switched. it is often a matter of one jumper wire moving. For 120v, the mains are rectified in a voltage doubler arrangement, while for 240 they are rectified straight. The same high voltage DC results and the rest of het supply stays the same. I don't know if that is what is in the TC.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have contacted TC and they don't give support on this subject. They seperate the markets of USA and Europe. Thats why they do not provide a switch on the unit itself. Maybe a little soldering will be required for this modification. I can do it by myself but don't know where to solder

Can I send you the schematics? Does schematics help for this modification?
                          Many Thanks!

Comment

I have one on for repair. If you send me the schematic, I'll look at it and see what needs to be done while comparing it to the unit I have. Please visit my website for my email address.

CJLectronics
                            http://www.cjlectronics.com

Comment

I would love to see the drawings, my address is:

tmenzo at msn dot com
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                              X