Some one gave me parts from an old Leslie 122 ?? guitar amp maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
    Going from the data sheet, Grey on the layout should go to Brown on the transformer, Pink on the layout should go to Blue on the transformer. Ground the Green wire on the secondary an connect 16 Ohm load to Green/White on the transformer. Do not connect to the Black wire. Change the feedback resistor to 140K or 150K and connect to the 16 Ohm tap (Green/White).

If you have a good place to solder the Black wire, you can take the feedback from there and use a 75K feedback resistor.
    ,brown is soldered to the plate closest to the power board v5 or grey as in the layout . the blue to other tube plate , I'm using the green/white stripe to the common/sleave of jack & grounded .solid green is to the tip & I have grounded the black to the star ground . so I should reverse the secondary ?
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
      Going from the data sheet, Grey on the layout should go to Brown on the transformer, Pink on the layout should go to Blue on the transformer. Ground the Green wire on the secondary an connect 16 Ohm load to Green/White on the transformer. Do not connect to the Black wire. Change the feedback resistor to 140K or 150K and connect to the 16 Ohm tap (Green/White).

If you have a good place to solder the Black wire, you can take the feedback from there and use a 75K feedback resistor.
      I've made the changes as you suggested & left the black wire not connected & with the original 100k feedback resistor connected to the green/white it sounds ok now with lots of volume ,do you think i should increase the value ? . do the black wire need to be soldered to ground ?

Comment

Do not solder the black to ground. If it was before, that would be the main reason for your previous volume loss.
        When loudthud said "If you have a good place to solder the Black wire, you can take the feedback from there and use a 75K feedback resistor" he meant at some terminal strip type lug that is insulated from ground.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Here's a question about the tubes in relation to the Output transformer , I assuming this classictone output tranny is a direct replacement with same specs so I'm wondering with this OT being a 4k impedance will it be ok to use 5881 tubes in this amp ? . Right now i'm using a set of matched set of JJ's 6ca7's that I have for my Traynor YBA-1A
            http://www.classictone.net/40-18044.pdf

Comment

Working...
            X