AES Convention in Buenos Aires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AES Convention in Buenos Aires.

Almost forgot to post: last week Audio Engineering Society held a Convention in Buenos Aires, they invited me (together with some Colleagues) to speak about the challenges of Manufacturing (and surviving the Chinese onslaught).
    At the last moment they told me I could use some floor space to show my stuff, BUT since it was a Conference based event, not a Sales one, they had a few Rules I had to accept: NO sales (not even answering price requests) , nothing could even touch the walls, nothing could be hanged (so no props or banners), no furniture was supplied (not even a table or chairs) , crazy.
    That said, and knowing the best Recording and Live Sound Engineers as well as Acoustics Architects would be present, I complied.
    These are some poor quality cellphone pictures , using ambient light (no flash allowed either "so as not to disturb others")
    In any case, better than nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dia1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	873546

Name:	IMG_20180407_172727.jpg
Size:	823.9 KB
ID:	873547

Name:	IMG_20180407_172745.jpg
Size:	872.8 KB
ID:	873548

Name:	IMG_20180407_172835.jpg
Size:	968.5 KB
ID:	873549
    Juan Manuel Fahey

> ... to speak about the challenges of Manufacturing (and surviving the Chinese onslaught).

Was there much discussion on the subject of tariffs?
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Name:	IMG_20180407_172846.jpg
Size:	877.4 KB
ID:	849299

Name:	IMG_20180407_172905.jpg
Size:	986.5 KB
ID:	849300
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
        > ... to speak about the challenges of Manufacturing (and surviving the Chinese onslaught).

Was there much discussion on the subject of tariffs?
        You bet.
        Not that we expected much Government help, they are 120% sold to World Finance.
        Our own "Donald Trump" President if you wish, only ours is "polite" and "mild mannered" ... not that helps us at all.

There was a programmed meeting with 3 representatives from the Ministry of Science and Technology, (sounds good, huh?) which would have received our written demands/proposal for : "soft" (low interest long term) Credit, reduced Tax, no tariff and less red tape importing Industrial machinery (CNC mills, plastic injectors, pick and place machines, wave/oven soldering ones), Lab equipment, easier renting Industrial buildings or low cost access to "Industrial Parks", easier firing poor/lazy/bad employees (firing anybody is a nightmare) and similar Production and Efficiency boosting things, all applied to new production or expanding of existing one.

Not only they didnīt show up, their cellphones became dead too, answering machines "were full and could not take new messages" and only one of them sent an SMS 4 hours later saying "he had an Emergency with his Daughter and couldnīt come"
        Somebody who knows him personally mentioned that the "emergency" was his Daughterīs Birthday Party.
        Not that we expected anything different
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

160W biamplified 2 x 10" + cone tweeter Bass Combo

Name:	IMG_20180407_172929.jpg
Size:	929.2 KB
ID:	849302

160W biamplified 1 x 12" + cone tweeter 3 channel Keyboard/Voice amplifier.

Name:	IMG_20180407_172936.jpg
Size:	990.4 KB
ID:	849303

Name:	IMG_20180407_172949.jpg
Size:	1,013.8 KB
ID:	849305

40/60W Battery powered "street" amplifier.
          3 channels: Instrument/Microphone/backing track (MP3/CD/etc.)
          9V output for pedalboard.

Name:	IMG_20180407_172917.jpg
Size:	964.6 KB
ID:	849306
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
          X